23. Rules #1, 2, 3 & 4

Precious's POV

"Mami! What are you doing here?! How did you get here?!" Gloria shouts, assessing her mother from head to toe.

Daniella, Gloria's mother, was in a beautiful turquoise dress that flowed along her body and stopped at her ankles.
She had her bag in one hand, and her sunglasses in the other.

"This God-blessed woman named... Precious! She called me, wanting to surprise you as a gift for your hard work. She paid for my flight, gave me a room and told me not to call you, as a surprise!
Were you worried, Gloria?" she said, concern etching her voice near the end.

I remember her mother being so proud when I told her about the hard work Gloria has put into her job. She was so excited, she even started speaking Spanish until I reminded her that I don't speak the language!

"No, Mami, I thought you didn't call because you forgot to charge your phone! I had no idea you were coming!"

Then, as she realized I was standing just a few feet away from her, she turned around and bowed her head.

"Gracias Lu-Precious! I haven't been with my mother in years." The pure happiness in her voice brought both joy and pain to my heart. Both my parents had died in a car crash on their way to the Golden Moon Pack.

"Take the day off, Gloria. We'll be alright." I said, waving to Daniella and ushering them out of the house.

After locking the door, I immediately go back to work. I need to get a chequebook from the bank, get ready for the pack meeting later today, and check up on Ethan.

"Honey, there's some leftover linguine in the oven if you're hungry; I'm going to do some errands" I mindlink Wyatt.

"Be safe."

************

"You have to go out of the pack's boundaries? What for?" Wyatt asks through the phone.

I'm trying to get through the pack's gate, but there's a long line-up.

"The bank told me that I needed to go renew my bank card to be able to receive the chequebook, and the nearest one is in town," I say, finally driving out of pack territory.

Luckily, Olive Town is only a five-minute drive from the pack. I could've gone from our house, since it's on the line of the pack border and I wouldn't have to go through pack security, but I had to head into the pack town to get to the bank.

"Do you need the chequebook? There've been frequent rogue attacks these last couple of weeks, Love. I'll admit, I'm quite worried about your safety. Can you take Jackie (Beta Female) and Joanna (Gamma Female) with you?" He says, his voice dripping with love and concern.

"If it makes you feel better, Darling, I'll call them after we're finished."

After we finished talking, and after I called Jackie and Joanna, I walk to a small cafe on the corner of the street.

"Bonjour, Ma'am! What can I get you today?" The server said with a bright smile.

I giggle to myself. I haven't been in a human town in a while. I forgot what it was like to not be called Luna by someone outside my family!

The thought of family brought me back down.

'We must find Ethan.'  Crystal says.

I inwardly nod to her.

"I'll have a vanilla cappuccino with extra whipped cream, please."

She smiles sweetly and leaves. I take the time to check my messages, reply to emails, and find the cash I had brought with me.