Taking The Wolf Out of The Forest

*Just a quick note:

BOLD - JADE'S POV

BOLD + ITALIC - JADE'S MIND LINK

Normal - Miranda's POV

Normal + Italic - Miranda's Mind Link *

Miranda's POV

I nervously glance at an angry Mckeyla, a confused Rebecca, a shocked Bella, a nervous Erica and an emotionless Elina. I sigh. I can't hide this from them, they're my best friends. I was going to have to tell them sooner.

"Girls, I'm so sorry. There's been a secret I've been keeping from you, and I will tell you, I promise, but, can I tell you in the forest, or show you in the forest?"

Mckeyla looks at everyone, then me, then everyone again, and nods at them. They nod back and turn back to me.

"Miranda, we're your best friends. I feel a bit betrayed, but it's your life and your secret, so I can't be mad at you for your decision. You know we will love you no matter what, right?"

I nod,

"Yeah, I do."

She hugs me and everyone goes to grab her shoes, along with everyone else. I ask Jose and her cousin Josh, who haven't said a word yet.

"Can you guys get me and Ethan 5 pairs of clothing to wear from the basement? They'll be in a block bag near the mats."

They head to the basement. I turn to Ethan.

"I'm going to change because I'm wearing one of my favourite outfits and underwear, and I don't want to rip it to shreds."

He nods and I head up to change in our room. I think about all the things that have happened in the past day. Just this morning, I found my mate, found myself alone with him in his house, felt terribly violated, became a Junior Luna, and now, 5 more humans will know about wolves. I sigh. My life is a roller coaster, with twice more twists and turns. 

I take a deep breath and head out, guiding everyone to a clearing in the forest. I look at Ethan to help calm my nerves, and say,

"What I'm about to tell you is super important, so you can't tell anyone else. Ethan and I are... wolves."

Mckeyla looks amused,

"You expect me to believe-"

She stops as she looks at Ethan and me. We both shift into our wolves. Jade feels proud of our fur, and our mates. 

I hope they like me. I may only need my mate, but our friends are important too. Jade says.

Me too, Jade, me too.

Jade hasn't been introduced to my friends, but she's been with us throughout our entire friendships, just at the back of my head. She knows everything I do and feels everything I feel, just multiplied by 10. 

They felt scared, and Jade whimpers, causing Erica and Elina to come closer. They all follow and eventually, Rebecca is the one who feels my fur and smiles as Jade purrs. She looks to all the others and says,

"I've read these in some books. Miranda has a second part of her, a wild part, her wolf. She's still there, just in her second skin." She smiles at me and I bark. I shift and change behind a tree and explain.

"Rebecca is right. My second self, Jade, has been a part of me for years. She's basically an exaggerated me. I have to learn to control her, though. When we're angry, she has the urge to take control in my human form, or shift and rip anything she lays eyes on in shreds. I gained full control of her last month.