The Bad Feeling

Ethan's POV

"Mom?" 

"Yes, Ethan?"

"I can't shake the bad feeling about Miranda going to the bar. What should I do?" I ask.

"I can't tell you what to do, but ask yourself this: is it better to be safe, or to be sorry? If Miranda caught you following her, and nothing happened, would she get mad, or would she understand your reasons? Are you following her for a good reason, or do you just feel jealous?"
She went back to Luna duties and left me there to contemplate. 

I grab my coat and head out the door. I'd rather be safe. She would understand my reasons and I'm doing this for her safety and my mental stability. 

Finally!

Shut up Tanner

I felt his eyes rolling in my head as I asked Gloria to drive me to the bar. Seconds later, I stalk to the front of the line and walk in without authentication from the bouncer. I scan the crowd and watch Miranda bump into someone. Is that Aaron?! 

His hands are on mate!

I let out a loud growl, not caring about the eyes that land on me. I only focus on how easy it is to rip his neck off as I stride over there. When I finally make eye contact with Miranda, I relax. 

I'm so lucky.

She walks over and puts her hands on my face, trying to calm me down. Sorry Miranda, it won't work this time. Despite Miranda pulling on my arm, or standing in front of me, I continue walking to Aaron. 

"Hello, Ethan." The soon-to-be-dead man says while smirking. 

"Why were your hands on my mate?!" Tanner shouts. He's already taken control. 

"Your mate bumped into me. I just caught her." 

"Ethan, let's go, please." Miranda pleads. We lock eyes and I eventually let him go. This time. We walk away, everyone still looking and whispering.

"Are you alright?" I ask her while we're in the car. Gloria looks at us from the rearview mirror, and McKeyla can't hear us.

"I'm fine. How 'bout you?" She asks nervously.

"Better. I'm more in control now." I reply.

Miranda's POV

We drive in silence as Gloria drops McKeyla home and mumbles her goodbyes. We even stay silent as we head back inside, straight away heading for bed, and head off in our separate directions. Me to my room, and Ethan to his. Jade was at the back of my mind, whimpering because Tanner wasn't paying any attention to her. This time, I understand her lovesick sappiness.

Maybe Tanner's still upset by Aaron. 

Probably.

Usually, we would change into our pyjamas, then sleep near each other, for the sake of the mate bond. I probably won't get that much sleep, but I think Ethan would rather I sleep away from him. 

I sigh, preparing for a long night ahead of me, full of twisting and turning. I climb into bed and decide to read instead of attempting to go to sleep right away. I wish I had done something right away when I bumped into Aaron. If I had, I wouldn't be in this predicament. 

A knock on my door pulls me out of my concentration and focus.

"Mira? Can I come in?" Ethan's voice whispers.

"It's open." 

His head pokes out and walks slowly towards the edge of the bed.

"I'm sorry I didn't react sooner to Aaron. I was surprised." I whisper.