Junior Ceremony (Part 2)

"Why are you up so early?" Precious says sleepily. 

I woke up at 5 am to start breakfast for the Alphas, Lunas and Betas. Somehow, they all fit in the guest rooms on the third and second floors. 

"I wanted a head start on breakfast," I say while cracking some eggs.

"But that's what we're here for. You're thirteen years old, for Goddess's sake! You should be in bed, not making breakfast for lazy men!" Valerie says while she and all the Lunas come down the stairs. After some serious convincing, we all got to work. We made hash browns, scrambled, boiled and fried eggs, some of my special omelettes, tons of bacon and sausages, pancakes/waffles, baked croissants, and cut a lot of fruit. By the time we finished, I was exhausted.

Everyone else goes to their room to wake everyone up. I head over to Ethan's room, only to find my mate in just a towel. I let out a silent shriek, cover my eyes and run into the walk-in closet. I meant to run out of the room, but, of course, I couldn't see. 

Ethan bangs his hands on the door, shouting my name until I finally answer. 

"If you want me to put on some clothes, let me grab some." He says while laughing. 

I grab him some clothes and blindly toss them out the closet doors. He knocks twice, signalling to me he's ready.

"Don't ever speak of this to anyone, understood?" I say, giving him a serious glare. He laughs and nods his head before grabbing my hand and dragging me downstairs towards the kitchen. 

"Did you make your special omelette?" Ethan asks as he stuffs his food down. I nod while I grab a bit of fruit before sitting down. Conversations happen left and right from all the people that gathered around the tables. 

*********

The next few hours were the same as yesterday, relaxing and dull. The questioning wouldn't start until 3 o'clock and it's only 1 pm. 

"Mira, do you want to hear about the day I gave birth to Ethan while I help you get ready?" Precious asks. Despite Ethan's protests, I follow Precious, who already was heading towards my room, and get comfortable before she begins. As more people ask questions, I can feel the proudness radiating off of Wyatt and Precious. 

"Well, it was just a regular day. I was organizing a birthday party for a pair of twin orphans while Wyatt was away in Orlando for a meeting. I was feeling terribly sick and itchy. Two of my closest friends were helping me do my daily tasks when they joked about me being pregnant. At first, I joked along with them, but after some serious consideration, we bought pregnancy tests. I got around four different ones and they all said the same thing; I was pregnant." She stops styling my hair for a minute to look in the distance before continuing.

"I was so scared to tell Wyatt, I thought he was going to tell me he wasn't ready for a child, that he didn't want one, or worse, make me abandon it. When Wyatt came back, I tried my best to hide it. I even told my parents to say nothing about it when they visited, but, of course, my sister let it slip. I ran to my bedroom before Wyatt could even react, fearing his reaction. For hours, he begged and pleaded for me to open the door, but I couldn't. Eventually, I opened the door for my mother to give me food. I needed to eat not only for myself, but for the baby as well." She smiles at me through the mirror.

"My mother tricked me. When I had finished eating, Wyatt came through the doors. Not mad, but sad. It tore me apart to see him. In four hours, he looked as dead as the time I ran away from him the first time we met. I sat there and sobbed as he drew closer to me. I beseeched him to let me keep the baby, and he was so confused. He stopped me in the middle of my sentence, and kissed me." She sighs.

"He told me he would never hurt me, that he's ecstatic to have this child, that he loves us, both of us." She wiped a single tear off her face.

"Skipping to eight months ahead, it was the middle of the night. I was watching a series with Wyatt when my water broke. He was running around, screaming. In fact, I was the one who yelled at him I needed to get to the hospital. And then, twenty-two hours, thousands of pushes, and hours of screaming later, Ethan pops out of me!" She says while adding the last stroke of makeup to my face. We laugh and she admires her work on my face.

"Precious?" I ask. She faces me.

"That was a wonderful story. Thank you." We smile at each other before she claps her hands once. 

"No time for sentimentality! I must get you your dress!"

"Wait, I'm wearing another dress?" I ask, but it's too late. She already ran out the door. 

"Look at how beautiful it is! I wore this during my second day!" Precious shouts when she comes back.

"I love it!"

********

"If you encounter rouges, what is your first course of action, Miranda?" Valerie asks. She started the questioning. 

"That depends, are the rouges harmed? Dangerous?" I question. Mummers spread through the room. She sends me a reassuring smile before sitting back down. Ethan gets his fair share of questions, some hard, some simple.

"How would you break the news that someone died? Will you appoint a Beta? Will you appoint a Gamma?" The questions kept coming for another hour. We end the questioning with another speech from Precious and grab lunch. 

"You both were wonderful." Valerie compliments. 

"Thank you." We both say.

She asks Ethan if she can talk to him privately and he reassures me he's just a mindlink away. Not that I need him anyway. 

As I wait for Ethan, a little boy runs up to me, asking me to lift him. He plays with my hair and my earrings while I try to find his parents.

"Austin! There you are! Sorry." An older boy with the same features takes him out of my arms.

"It's alright. He's adorable. Who are you?" 

"I'm Alvin, son of Alpha Aiden." He says. We talk and exchange phone numbers. Not in a flirty way, he's 16 and already has a mate, but in a friendly way. I mean, you could practically smell the mating process on him. It's fun to make a new friend, and Alvin is definitely a social butterfly.

We say goodbye to each other when his parents announce that they're leaving, but not without giving compliments on my and Ethan's wisdom and knowledge. When they drive off, Ethan magically appears, kissing me on my cheek.

"Where were you?" I ask. Alvin and I talked for half an hour. 

"Just watching you and Alvin." He says nonchalantly. 

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"I wanted to give you space, make a new friend. Plus, I know Alvin and Shera, his mate." He smiles.

I silently scoff and grab some leftover fruit from this morning. A knock on the door makes me nearly jump out of my seat. So far, knocking on doors hasn't been the best experience for me.

"Are we late for the ceremony?" A familiar voice says.

Jessica?!