Going out

"Mom! Dad! We're in the living room!" Ethan calls out. Precious walks in with her suitcase and sunglasses.

"I missed my two mates so much!" She says as she pulls us in for a hug. Taking a mini-tour of the pack two days ago, I can see how great of a Luna Precious is around here. She takes care of them like they're her own family.

Wyatt walks in the rest of the suitcases and looks at Precious with love and admiration. 

"Tell me what I've missed these past few days! Give me the tea!" Precious yells.

"A lot happened. The pack doctor, Dr. Tory, gave me painkillers for the side effects. The elders came. I learned I'm immune to all their powers and I can make others immune with physical touch. McKeyla and I are going to a bar later today to test my alcohol tolerance. Ethan still hasn't told me what his worst nightmare is, and I got a letter from my dad, who I haven't heard from in over 4 years." 

She looks at me, bewildered. She sits on the couch and scrunched her eyebrows.

"Oh my, I never knew that much could happen in a few days."

"That's not even half of it," Ethan adds. She jumps off the couch and says,

"We need to have a girls' day, Miranda. I have to catch up on what's happened here. Tomorrow, we are going on a spa day. Just the two of us." 

I nod, excited for a spa day with my mate's mother.

"Wonderful! I'll book the reservation! We're going to have so much fun!"

"Speaking of what happened, how was your trip?" Ethan asks his parents

"It was wonderful! We went to the beach, a winery and on a helicopter ride!" Precious replies.

"What? I thought you were going to a meeting?"

"A meeting? Who told you that? No, we had to mentally prepare for our son's mate to live under our roof, so we went on a brief vacation. Here, I still have my flight ticket."

"Wow, first-class!" I shout

"Yes, only the best for my husband and me." She says and kisses Wyatt on the cheek.

"Yeah, and her winning the Wine Challenge at Qwanee Winery," Wyatt says. Precious glares at him before saying, 

"Look at my certificate!"