Chapter 8: Liking her

***Haley’s POV***

After what happened few weeks ago, I can’t get her off my mind. Those soft lips, glamorous skin, pointed nose, rosy smell of her and those erecting breast. “Sam” I mumbled to myself. “Who’s Sam?” somebody said so I turn to see, “Ash?” she nodded and hugged me. “Missed me, friend?” she asked while we’re hugging.

“So who’s that Sam? Is he or she your new one?” she asked and sat on the grass. We’re at the park right now, watching a short program here. “Nope Just a friend I guess.” I answered and she faced me with a blank, bored look. “Sure? I can see something in your eyes Hal. I’m your best friend and I know you very well.” She said and formed a small smile to me. “Describe him? Or her?” she continued and I answer her… “Um… she’s sexy, hot, popular, sparkling bluish set of eyes, flawless skins, deadly smile, and had that glamorous face.” She suddenly stood up and said “See. I told you, she’s not a friend. You like her, don’t you Hal?” she said with a playful smile.

“I like her? But I already decided to stop, Ash.” I replied as I faced her and stood up, we started to walk. “I know you have decided. But you can’t tell your heart to fall to somebody or like somebody especially girls. Look Hal, I know you still can’t forget what had happened to you last year, she already left and she only used you. She only wants some sex buddies. Let me ask you, do you still admire that bitch?” she stop as soon as she finish her question.

“Maybe no, maybe yes. I don’t know Ash. But I finally decide to stop liking girls. I need to do the right thing.” I said seriously and walked out, but she pulled me and faced her. “Let’s see Hal. Date that girl and forget your ex-girlfriend who just used you. We don’t know, she’ll like you back.” She encourages me and smile. “She won’t like me, and I won’t date her. She is straight, straight like poles and she had a boyfriend. I don’t want to ruin her reputation as the campus queen.” I reasoned and she looks shock. What was happening to her? “Bridgeton High Campus Queen?” she said, she looks weird right now, and I just nodded as an answer.

“I can help you with her. She’s my cousin. She used to be liked by guys and girls, with her delinquent smile and her curved shape body. I want to tell one of her secret.” She said and went nearer to me to whisper, “She had liked a girl when we were in grade school, and surely she’s not that straight as others think.” She continued and now it’s my turn to look shock. “So no problem, you have the chance to win her heart Hal.” She smiled and tapped my shoulder as an encouragement.

After that short talk with my best friend I can’t get off my mind what she had revealed. “She’s my cousin”; “She had liked a girl when we were in grade school”. “Was all of that true?” I said to myself. But I can’t like her, I can’t, maybe I’m not yet ready.

“Hal, someone’s calling for you.” my Mom called me and I run downstairs to answer it. “Who is it mom?” I ask as soon as I arrive. “I forgot to ask, it’s a girl Hal.” My mom said and winked at me. “Hello” I greeted bubbly but no one answered it. “Hello? still there?” I ask but still no one is answering. “weird” I mumbled and end it. “Who is it Hal?” my mom asked as soon as I went to the kitchen. “Don’t know, mom. No one answered the line.”

Who was it? I got this feeling that I know her, that I really know her. If I know her, and she know me, why she didn’t answer the line.