1.06 𝖳𝖧𝖤 𝖲𝖯𝖠𝖱𝖪

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Isaac was laying on his back next to Olive, staring at the ceiling, talking with her about the things they talk about, making jokes only she would understand, and making her laugh. God he loved her laugh. If he were being honest with himself he was falling. Hard. He'd never felt this way for anyone before. Sure, he'd had girlfriends in the past but looking back none of them could compare to Olly. She was perfect for him. He turned his head to meet her gaze, getting lost in it. And that's how they stayed until they were brought out of their haze by Derek, entering the warehouse.

"Oh, good, you're both here. Guys, I would like you to meet Erica. Erica, this is Olive and Isaac," Derek said, a small smile on his face as he pointed to everyone when he said their names. Isaac and Olive stood, meeting Derek halfway and shaking Erica's hand.

"Erica is joining us, if that wasn't already clear," Derek's poor attempt at trying to break the sort-of-awkward silence that had settled over them was amusing, and clearly Olive thought so as well because she snickered beside Isaac.

"It's nice to meet you, Erica, thank god you're here because I've been surrounded by testosterone for like a week," Olive put her arm around Erica, leading her away from the boys. Isaac chuckled and Derek rolled his eyes, turning to Isaac.

"If you two are gonna be a thing, I am gonna need you to keep it out of here," Derek folded his arms as Isaac nearly choked on the air.

"W-what?" He looked at Derek who was smirking.

"You and Olive, look I'm all for it, there's not like a 'no dating inside the pack' rule, just keep it professional when it needs to be, and please for the love of god use a condom when-"

"Derek!" Isaac all but screamed. "Olly and I aren't together, we're just friends I swear."

"Oh so you like her, did she reject you? She can be mean," Derek said causing Isaac to roll his eyes.

"No, she didn't reject me," Isaac turned to Olive who was chatting intently with Erica. She threw her head back, laughing at something Erica had said which caused Isaac to smile slightly.
"I haven't said anything. I mean we just met what, a week ago? That's kind of creepy."

"Lahey!" Olive walks over to them, swinging her keys. Isaac jumps, thinking she heard him.

"What?"

"Come on, we're getting food. Derek's treat?" She raises her eyebrows, flashing Derek a sweet smile and doing a bit of a puppy dog face. Derek scoffs and rolls his eyes as he pulls his wallet out and hands her a 50.

"This is more than enough-"

"Keep the change, buy yourself something pretty," Derek says, giving her an exaggerated smile causing Olive to laugh.

"You coming or not?" She turns to Isaac who just smiles and nods as they head out the door.

"Okay, but I'm on aux," She turns to him, smirking.

"You're driving-"

"I don't care, I don't trust your taste in music."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The ride to the restaurant was oddly quiet, the only noise was the Taylor Swift song playing quietly in the background. Olive glanced at Isaac, who was staring out the window and subconsciously playing with the hem of his shirt. She furrowed her eyebrows and turned back to the road and sighed.

"What's wrong with you?" She asks, pulling him from whatever thought spiral he was in.

"Huh?" Isaac turns to face her and she glances at him.

"What's wrong? You are being uncharacteristically quiet," Olive raises a suspicious eyebrow at Isaac, who lets out a breath and shifts in his seat.

"Nothing, I- nothing," Isaac shakes his head, deciding now maybe isn't the right time for a spontaneous love confession. Olive narrows her eyes at him and pulls into the Chinese food restaurant.

"I am not getting out of this car until you tell me what's wrong," She adjusted herself to face him and he scoffed.

"Then you can be the one to tell Derek why his food is cold," He quipped back and Olive smiled, rolling her eyes.

"Isaac," She said, her tone serious.

"I promise you, it's not that bad."

"Then tell me."

"Olly not now, let's just get this and get back, hm?" He nodded reassuringly, unbuckling his seatbelt and opening his door. Olive sat there watching him get out of the car. She sighed, following him into the restaurant and back out to the car.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

That night was filled with laughter and the pack getting to know each other over egg rolls and good conversation. Once it started getting late, Erica excused herself to get home before her parents got worried. Derek turned to Olly, expecting her to say the same thing but instead, she glanced at Isaac before pulling Derek aside.

"Can I stay here?" She said with a small smile on her face.

"Of course, can I ask why?" Derek crossed his arms as Olive shifted on her feet.

"My parents caught me lying and it turned into this huge blowout fight between them and I snuck out the window," Derek nodded and she sighed. "I don't feel like facing their wrath until tomorrow and Allison is out with S- friends."

Derek stopped as Olive caught herself. She knew she was going to be out with Scott but she wasn't supposed to. Allison had let it slip when they were in math earlier and made her swear not to tell anyone. Derek rolled his eyes, already knowing what she was going to say.

"Were you gonna say-"

"Stiles. She's out with Stiles. A lot of drama going on there, they're kind of a thing. I know it's shocking but they-"

"Olive."

Olive sighed, rubbing her hands on her jeans. Derek looked at her expectedly and she just rolled her eyes and sighed.

"Fine. She's out with Scott, but to be fair Stiles is there too, and Lydia."

"Lydia? Isn't she the one who-"

"Ran naked in the forest for 2 days after your psychotic uncle almost killed her? Yeah," Olive said, a little too bluntly, as Derek sighed.

"I was going to say the one Stiles is in love with," Derek looked at her with an unreadable expression and she couldn't help but start cackling.

"Sorry, that was just really funny," She said, wiping a tear from her eyes.

"Yeah, okay, I'd stop before I've changed my mind about your safe haven tonight," As if on cue Olly stopped laughing and went back to sit with Isaac.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───