1.24 𝖯𝖠𝖨𝖭 𝖥𝖠𝖭𝖦𝖲 𝖠𝖭𝖣 𝖠 𝖲𝖯𝖨𝖪𝖤𝖸 𝖧𝖤𝖠𝖣𝖡𝖠𝖭𝖣

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The Hale pack was gathered around a familiar wooden box with a spiral symbol on the front. Derek sat it down, opened it, and revealed the same symbol on the inside.

"That symbol," Isaac started. "It's the same one tattooed on your back. What does it mean?" Derek turned to him and then back to the symbol.

"It's a triskele. The spirals mean different things-- past, present future; mother, father, child..." Boyd spoke up before Derek had the chance. Derek turned to him, mildly impressed.

"Do you know what it means to me?" Derek asked and Boyd thought for a second.

"Alpha, Beta, Omega?" He asked and Derek nodded his head.

"That's right. It's a spiral-- it reminds us that we can all rise to one or fall to another. Betas can become Alphas, but Alphas can also fall to Betas, or even Omegas, who can rise to be Betas," Derek explained, taking chains out of the box.

"Like Scott?" Olive asked and Derek shook his head.

"Scott's not an Omega, he's with us now," Derek shook the chains loose, untangling them and Olive furrowed her eyebrows.

"Really? Where is he?" She asked and Derek sighed, struggling with the chains.

"He's out scouting Jackson- can you help me with this?" He hands her the chains and she giggles, grabbing it from him and untangling it with ease. Derek looked at her and chuckled, continuing. "Don't worry, he's not gonna have it easy tomorrow, either. None of us will. There's a price you pay for this kind of power. You get the ability to heal, but tomorrow night, you're gonna want to kill anything you can find."

"That sounds comforting," Olive sighs and Erica elbowed her in the side.

"Good thing I had my period last week then, huh?" She asked and Olive laughed while Isaac and Boyd exchanged uncomfortable looks.

"Funny you should say that," Derek says, turning around holding two spikey headbands and Olive's eyes widened. "Hey Olly, remember these?"

"Oh hell no," She shook her head and Derek smiled, nodding as he handed them to her and Erica.

"What is this?" Erica turned to her and Olive sighed.

"The spikes go in your head," Olive deadpanned and Erica's eyes widened and she turned to her.

"Does it hurt?" Olive turned to Erica and narrowed her eyes.

"I assume so, it's spikes, going into your head," Olive says slowly and Erica sighs, turning to look forward.

"Alright, take those into the train and attach them to the poles, not too close to each other," Derek points to the train as they go in and he turns to Isaac and Boyd.