4.15 𝖤𝖭𝖫𝖨𝖦𝖧𝖳𝖤𝖭𝖬𝖤𝖭𝖳

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

School came early yet Olive couldn't seem to get to sleep. She paced around her room at the loft, watching the rain pour down outside. She could hear steady heartbeats coming from downstairs as she debated whether or not to go down there and bug Derek. She knew he was awake, he always was. He didn't sleep much as of late and the only reason she knew that is because neither did she.

Before she could end her contemplation, the distant sound of the alarm sounds. Olive furrows her eyebrows and runs downstairs to find Derek and Braeden, already alert with their guns pointed at the door. Olive unsheathes her claws as the three of them approach the loft door, Derek slides it open and they all ready their respective defense mechanisms, only to find Lydia standing at the door. She seemed to be in a trance and, before anyone could say anything, she opened her mouth and did the thing that no one wants to have come knocking at their door in the middle of the night.

She screamed.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The next morning, Olive was getting ready for school, rushing around the kitchen trying to find the oat milk she stashed before she left to put in her coffee.

"It's behind the saltines in the bottom cabinet," Derek said, leaning on the counter as he entered the room. She sighed in relief as she grabbed it out of the cabinet and shook it before cracking it open. "You should time manage more, maybe you won't be so late."

"Well, sorry if I'm a little scatterbrained after approximately 0 hours of sleep and a banshee screaming in my face at three in the morning," She shot him a pointed look and he just chuckled, shaking his head.

"You don't have to worry about that," He looked up at her and she just sighed, screwing the lid onto her cup.

"Yes I do," She replied, tossing the oat milk in the fridge.

"She wasn't here for you," Derek said and Olive tightened her grip on the handle of the refrigerator.

"That's what I'm worried about," She didn't turn around, just stared at the fridge. She could hear Derek shuffling behind her and when she turned around, he was in front of her.

"I am going to be fine."

"I'm pretty sure that means the opposite of that actually," She lets out a shaky breath, looking up at him with unnerved eyes. Derek's face softens as he brings her into a hug. She reciprocates immediately, squeezing him tightly.

"You're gonna be the one to kill me if you don't lighten up," He exaggerates his strain and Olive laughs lightly as she lets him go, moving back to her coffee. "Seriously, though. I'm not going anywhere, not if I can help it."

"I second that," She gives him a tight-lipped grin. Derek didn't need werewolf senses to tell that she was still uneasy. Before he could say anything else, there was a knock at the door. The two share a puzzled look before Derek moves to open it, revealing Scott.