Sleepover

"Mom! Im home"
"How was the first day?"
"Wasn't that bad.Chandler made it better."
"Oooooooooooooo" my little brothers Abel And Mac squealed.
"Shut up, Were bestfriends."
"Oh mom he's coming over tomorrow because his mom and dad are out of town. Is that okay?"
"Yeah it's fine"
I walked upstairs after the long day I had it was about 8. I smiled. I knew this was the start of something great. Everything changes.
**phone rings*
I pick up my iPhone and look at the caller ID.It was Unknown.
"Hello"
"Look out of your window"
I looked to see chandler.
"What are you doing here?"
"I'm obviously here to have a slumber party with you" He giggled.
"If you can come up here from there to my window ill let you in but if you can't you leave."
"Deal"
He climbed up the tree as I sat on my bed waiting for him to give up when he knocked on the window.I opened it.
"Who did you do that?"
"2 reasons.1 Im a monkey. 2 Im skilled like that." I smiled at him.
"Come inside"
"I brought my blanket and I have my pajamas on."
"Wait you were serious?"
"Yep"
I watched as he crawled through the window and sat on the bed.
"Yeah sure make your self at home" I said in a sarcastic way.
"Thanks" he smiled.
"Lets watch a movie"
"Sure what movie?"
"How about children of the corn?"
"Yes I love that movie" I said.
"How about some popcorn babe"
"Umm sure"
I walked to the kitchen slowly.
"Honey what are you doing?"
I grabbed the popcorn.
"Umm I just have a weird craving for popcorn."
"Okay just not to much. You have to go to bed soon."
"Okay" I put the popcorn in the microwave. waited 2 minutes and started walking upstairs.
"What took you so long babe?"
"I ran into my mom and-" He interrupted me and said.
"I was talking to the popcorn"
I looked at him in a shocked face.
"I'm just kidding your the only thing I call babe"
"That better be true"
"Or what?"
"Or else ill rip out your voice box and let it get eaten by wolves" I said with a smile
"Damn I didn't know any could look so.. so hot insulting me.Its insatiable"
"Thank you" I took a bow.
The movie was playing but the whole time we were talking about how dorky are families are.
"So it's just you, your brothers, and your mom. you never told me about your dad."
"I've never told anyone about my dad?
"Will you tell me?"
"Theres not much too tell and besides Why would you want to listen to a sad sob story as I sit here and cry?"
"I need to know you trust me"
"Of course I trust you"
"How much?"
"With my life"
"Then tell me about your dad"
I hesitated I could makeup a better story than the truth but Chandler has a gift of knowing when I lie.I had to tell him the truth.
"My dad was my bestfriend. my greatest hero until he started coming home really late.We didn't get to hang around that much.At that time Kaleb was 6 I was 5 and Abel was only 3.It was to the point where we only saw him 10 minutes a day before school. Then one day my mom told us he wasn't coming home this time.I cried for weeks and wishing and hoping he would come back. But now I'm glad he's not here."
"Deep shit" chandler managed to say. He seemed shocked.
"It was the worst but I'm better now. Im 14 that was 9 years ago I think I'm over it."
"How does Kaleb feel about it?"
"Kaleb is a Closed book you can't get anything out if him but I'm pretty sure he's good with it."
"Abel?"
"He doesn't remember but sometimes he asks my mom if my dad will ever come back."
"What does she say?"
"No"