🕷❘ Ⲛⲓⲛⲉⲧⲉⲉⲛ ❘ 𝖫𝖺𝗍𝖾 𝗇𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝖼𝖺𝗅𝗅𝗌

˚ ༘ ⌇ 𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟺 ༉‧₊

═∘♡༉∘ ═

You were curled up in the bed of Christine's guest room, pulling the blankets up to your chin. You adjusted your hold on the phone and turned to the side as you spoke on a video call with Peter.

"Dad's coming back home tomorrow, so I'll be going back to the Sanctum," you spoke, "Which is like covered with snow from ceiling to floor,"

"You guys having a holiday party or something?" he asked curiously.

"Oh, god, no," you declined, "One of the rotunda gateways connects to Siberia and a blizzard blasted through," you punctuated your statement by mimicking an explosive noise.

"Woah," he chuckled in adoration at your mimicry.

"Yeah," you smiled at his look of awe, "Did you send in your applications yet?"

"I literally just finished my MIT one," he laid back on the couch, wearing a white T-shirt, "You?"

"Same,"

"Imagine if we both got in? And Ned and MJ?"

"Yeah, but, we can only imagine," you stated grimly, "We have to take scholarships so we could actually go,"

"Come on. You got good scores, and good grades, and,"

"Current situations may not be helpful, you know," you reminded him, "I'm sorry, I feel like I'm ruining your hopes by being too practical,"

"No, no, no, no. Well—" he paused, nodding to the side, "Kind of. That's okay. That's one of my favourite things about you,"

"Really?"

"Yeah,"

"Well, what are your other favourite things about me?" you cocked an eyebrow at him.

"I love your relentless optimism, and how you use both your head and your heart to think about stuff,"

"Yeah. I am a "glass half full" kind of gal,"

"I really like how you're a people person," Peter joked, knowing very well you weren't one to hang out with large crowds and groups of people.

"Oh yeah, sure," you agreed sarcastically, "I love people so much," you frowned slightly when you heard a reverberating sound, "What's that noise?"

"Oh. That's— that's Happy. Look," he tilted his phone back to show Happy sleeping on a chair with an air mask on, "He gave his room to May, so he's sleeping down here,"

"I got a question for you," you quipped, "Does any part of you feel relieved about all of this? Like, you had all this within you for a very long time, and now you feel like a slight burden is lifted off your shoulders?"

Peter was quiet for several seconds before he answered, "Ever since I got bit by that Spider, I've only had one week, where my life has felt normal. Well, kind of normal, I guess. Because then, everyone that was in my life that I wanted to know— you know," you nodded understandingly and he continued, "And it was perfect. But now everybody knows. And, I am the most famous person in the entire world—and I'm still broke,"

You chuckled slightly, "I'm excited to see you tomorrow,"

"Yeah, me too," he smiled giddily.

"Wrap it up," Peter jumped in his place at Happy's sudden voice, "You both like each other. We get it. Hang up. There's no new ground being broken. Okay? I need my eight hours,"

"Have you been listening this whole time?" he questioned.

"Hi, Happy," You waved at him through the phone.

"Not by choice," Happy grumbled.

"Y/N says hi," Peter informed him.

"Hello,"

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇ ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇