🕷❘ Ⲧⲱⲟ ❘ 𝖮𝗅𝖽 𝖿𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗇𝖽

˚ ༘ ⌇ 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟶 ༉‧₊

๑՞ ° 𝙹𝚊𝚜𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚎: 𝟼 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚑𝚜 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚐𝚗𝚊𝚗𝚝 *·˚

═∘♡༉∘ ═

After the New Years' party, Jasmine and Stephen had hit it off pretty well, much to Diya's surprise.

Stephen had offered to take her out on a proper date, and that too had turned out well, and now they were in an established relationship.

On the morning of their 1 year anniversary, Jasmine found out she was pregnant. She didn't know how Stephen would take it, given that they hadn't really talked much about settling down and starting a family.

But when Jasmine had told him the news, Stephen was ecstatic. He had engulfed her in a hug, kissing her lips passionately that it left her breathless.

He never thought he'd receive the opportunity to become a father, given that none of his relationships lasted. But Jasmine was different. He wanted to change, for her, if at least not for him.

"Babe, it's fine, I can handle it," Jasmine told him Stephen for what felt like the nth time.

Jasmine wanted to go to the shop nearby to get a few maternity items from the list that Stephen had forgotten to.

"No," Stephen said sternly, raising his eyebrows, "I can't let you go shopping alone. Not when you're nearing your second trimester!"

"I've handled bullets and bombs," she deadpanned, "A little baby in me won't do any harm unless I'm going into labor, which won't be anytime soon,"

"And you say I'm stubborn," he huffed.

"Yep," Jasmine leaned and pulled Stephen closer, pressing a quick kiss to his lips, "I'll be back before you know it,"

"Whatever," he muttered childishly.

Jasmine stepped out of the chair and headed towards the shop that the car had been parked next to.

Hugging her long cost closer to herself, she strode into the shop, eyes searching for the maternity aisle.

Once she spotted it, she headed towards it. But from her peripheral vision, she could make out a man heading straight toward her.

She didn't mind much of it, but when he blocked her way, she got a little defensive.

Looking up, she noticed that the man was dressed from head to toe in traditional clothing that was very familiar to the FBI agent.

"Can I help you?" Jasmine raised a doubtful eyebrow at him. She rested a palm on her swollen belly, not from fear, but as an instinct of protection.

"I'm sure you'll be glad to meet an old friend," he replied, stretching out a hand behind her and tilting it to the side.

A crack appeared in the air, the ripple spreading further as it opened up the Mirror Dimension. Motioning him to go forward, Jasmine followed after him.

"Kaecilius," she sighed, screwing her eye shut as the mentioned man approached her.

"Indeed," Kaecilius took a step forward, hands held behind his back.

"Pathetic," she scoffed.

"I want you to join me," he took a step forward, "To join by my side and serve Dormammu,"

"You know my answer already," Jasmine shook her head, resting her hand on her baby bump, "I can't, and I won't,"

"You are a very gifted sorceress and I trust you most of all," he said honestly.

"No, really?" she raised her eyebrows, scoffing sassily, "I thought you trusted that son of a gun enough to break our friendship,"

"How's my goddaughter doing?" Kaecilius took a step forward, stretching an arm out.

Jasmine turned away from his reach, "You lost that privilege when you devoted yourself to the Dark Dimension,"

"That's no way to treat your best friend," he stated in a monotone manner, but there was a hint of grief in his eyes.

"Like I said," the FBI agent raised her chin, "You lost that privilege when you devoted yourself to the Dark Dimension,"

"Sorry to decline," she deadpanned, "I don't wanna be one of your desperate, spineless lapdogs,"

One of the Zealots was angered by her words and charged forward towards her, raising a hand with an orange disk to attack her.

But Jasmine was quicker. She caught the man's arm, twisted it around, and kicked him behind his knee as much as her swollen belly would allow. The man was forced to his knees and fell flat on his face when Jasmine pressed her foot on his back, still holding his hand up above him, twisting it.

Jasmine didn't break eye contact with Kaecilius, who raised his eyebrows slightly, impressed by her reflexes, even though she was 7 months pregnant, "Touch me," she dug the heel of her shoe into the man's calves, causing him to yelp out in pain, "And that'll be the biggest mistake you ever make,"

Kaecilius watched as she let go of his follower's hand and pushed her coat aside, pulling out a gun.

"You know I'm very much capable of protecting both myself and my baby," she carried on, "And I really thought you're standards were higher than to attack a pregnant woman,"

Kaecilius held his hands behind his back, raising his chin with an unreadable expression, "I guess we're both disappointed in each other then,"

"Stay away from me, Kaecilius," she growled at him, pointing the pistol at him with an intense glare.

"You think a mere gun is gonna scare me off," he scoffed at the weapon in ridiculity.

Jasmine only smiled at him and stretched the hand with the gun to her side. Without any hesitation, she quickly pulled the trigger, shooting the man on the side who had created a Space Shard in his grip to stab her.

Kaecilius snapped his head to her line to shoot, watching his follower collapse to the ground with a pained yell, blood seeping out of the wound the bullet created on his shoulder.

Jasmine stepped over the man who was still forced to the ground, earning a groan from him. She strode past her old best friend, slipping her gun back into the holster under the jacket, "Hope I've made my opinion clear," she pulled out her sling ring and used it to walk out of the Mirror Dimension.

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇ ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇