🕷❘ Ⲧⲏⲓⲅⲧⲩ - Ⲧⲏⲅⲉⲉ ❘ 𝖦𝗈𝖻𝗅𝗂𝗇

═∘♡༉∘ ═

═∘♡༉∘ ═

You began working on Isla's cure while Norman worked on his own with Otto. You had taken a few notes from what Isla had said about Laila controlling her and tried to come up with solutions to overcome that.

You had also called Christine, just to be sure, and asked her about nerve receptors of the brain and how to protect them. The woman had gotten suspicious as your questions were weirdly specific. But then you had brushed it off by saying that it was a part of your school project and that your dad was busy with "cult" stuff.

"How does it feel, Norman?" You heard Otto speak. His voice was much calmer and softer, "You're about to become whole again. No more darker half. Just you,"

Norman froze for a moment, "Just me," He turned around to see a smiling Otto, and he returned the gesture as well.

You noticed his tone was quite sinister; The hologram of processing of Isla's cure popped in front of you, gaining your attention.

Taking the necessary items to assemble it from the fabricator, you checked in with Peter on the way and gave him the energy siphon based on Tony's Arc Reactor as he started adding a few things from his laptop. 

"Okay. Um—" Peter placed the device on Max's chest, "It just goes right here. That should be drawing power now," He took a deep breath, "I'm gonna come back in a second just to check on it, but—" he pointed at the device, "Keep an eye on the lights. When they're all green, it means all the electricity in your body's dissipated. Well, not all the electricity. I mean, obviously, you know you need electricity for your brain to function—your nervous system is—" he stopped himself when he realized he was rambling, "I'm not really sure why I'm explaining electricity to you,"

By now you had returned to a table just by the door as you began assembling Isla's cure together with your magic. You smiled, listening to Peter's voice, finding his flustered state adorable. 

"Can I ask you a question?" Max asked.

"Sure."

"Are these your legos?"

Peter hesitated to answer, but a beeping noise from the fabricator saved him, "I gotta go. I'll be back,"

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇ ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

You and Peter were in the final stages of completing Isla's cure by the fabricator.

Suddenly, Peter froze; he felt his senses heighten. A strong intuition that something was wrong. 

Otto and Norman noticed this, "Peter?"

"What's wrong?" You asked, concerned as to why Peter was tensed. 

But he barely blinked at you. He walked away to find what was going on, "I don't know. May?"

You, Otto, and Norman followed Peter to the living room while May walked down the stairs, "What is it, Peter?"

"What's up, Peter?" Flint asked when he noticed Peter was in the center, searching for what was wrong. Norman walked further away and close to the deactivated Dum-E.

"Is everything okay?" Isla asked in concern when Peter's gaze fell on her.

Peter narrowed his eyes at Laila and she stared back at him. 

Sabrina looked at you questioningly, "What's going on?"

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Max questioned when Peter looked at him.

Peter closed his eyes to focus on what was wrong, and May moved to the side. You and the others waited for Peter until Peter snapped his eyes open, firing a web towards Norman's hand onto Dum-E.

Norman stared at his stuck hand. "That's some neat trick." He began to talk, his voice becoming raspy and more sinister, "That sense of yours."

"Norman?" Otto called out in concern.

"Norman's on sabbatical, Ottie," the man grinned in a wicked manner.

"The hell?" Max breathed.

"Goblin," Peter muttered in conclusion. He shared a quick look with you and May.

"No more darker half? Did you really think that I'd let that happen?" Goblin carried on, "That I'd let you take away my power just because you're blind to what true power can bring you?"

"You don't know me," Peter responded while you and May walked to the storage room.

"Don't I?"

May started collecting the cure for the villains and stuffed them in a small bag.

"I saw how she trapped you. Fighting her holy moral mission,"

You nodded at Peter, giving him the signal that you and May got the things needed. You and May left the storage room and looked back at the Goblin.

"We don't need you to save us. We don't need to be fixed. These are not curses. They're gifts,"

"Norman, no," Octavius shook his head.

"Quiet, lapdog," Goblin snapped.

"You don't know what you're talking about," Peter spoke, buying as much as time as possible.

"I watched you from deep behind Norman's cowardly eyes," Goblin uttered, "Struggling, to have everything you want, while the world tries to make you choose. Gods don't have to choose," "We take,"

This made something snap in Max, Sabrina, and Laila, as the three looked at Goblin with some form of recognition and realization.

"May, Y/N, run!"

You and May immediately ran out of the apartment with the cures and reached the elevator area. May tried to spam the elevator button to work, but in vain. The lights faltered.

"Stairs," May guided you down the stairs as you both hurried down the best you could.

Suddenly, the door of the floor above broke open. The metal railings began to curl viciously. 

"Laila," you cursed under your breath, "May go!" you ushered her to keep going on her way, "Keep her safe," You murmured to your Cape and it took off and followed after May.

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇ ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇