New Home New Family

Melody Jackson is a single mother with a three year daughter who is the most adorable little girl in the world.

The two left Florida excepting Harmony's abusive father.

Moving to mystic falls has been hard for the both of them but it was the best Melody could do.

With the money that was given to her by her mom and aunts, and the money she she saved Melody was able to get a two bed room apartment.

(On with the story):

Getting up at 5:30am in morning to cook breakfast and getting Harmony up was a hassle but it was solved with cuddles and food.

After cleaning, bathing l and dressing the little one Melody got into the shower and then got dressed and they drove around town.

Around lunchtime they went to the grill.

When they got to their seats Melody ordered harmony some juice and chicken nuggets with fries, then she ordered herself a peach tea and loaded nachos.

Times like these Melody enjoyed times like these cause it was just her and her baby girl.

After lunch Melody decided to stay to see if the grill was hiring.

Walking up to the bar Melody was looking down at her daughter not watching where she was going until she bumped into something or rather someone. "Oh my god I'm so sorry I wasn't watching where I was going!" Melody said looking up into icy blue eyes staring down at her. "It's alright it's my fault no need to apologize." The man said.

Melody felt herself blushing then she looked down at her daughter seeing she wasn't behind her which caused panic to set in Melody.

Looking around Melody tried to place where her daughter was but everywhere she turned she could find her baby. "Did you see where a little girl went she's my daughter her name is Harmony?" Melody asked turning back to the man. "No but I'll help you look for her. what does she look like?" the man asked.

Taking out her phone she pull out a picture of daughter then they set off to find the little girl only to find her with Two teens coloring in her coloring book. "Oh my god Harmony!" Melody said picking up her daughter hugging the little girl tightly.

Looking at the two teens she thanked them turning seeing the man behind her. "Thank you for helping me look." Melody said holding Harmony on her hip. "Your welcome-" the man said not knowing her name. "Oh yeah sorry my name's Melody and this little one her as you know is Harmony." Melody said looking into the man's icy blue eyes. "We'll your welcome Melody and it's a pleasure meeting you Harmony." The man said winking at the little girl causing her to giggle reaching her arms out towards him.

The man, the teens and the young mother were shocked but with a nod the man took the little girl into his arms. "I didn't catch your name?" Melody asked looking up at the man who was holding her almost asleep daughter with the most gentle touch. "Damon Salvatore and those two are Stefan Salvatore my little brother and Elena Gilbert his girlfriend." Damon introduced himself and the two.

Getting to know the three of them Melody saw that Stefan really loved Elena and wasn't like her ex who was abusive and manipulative.

For some unknown reason Melody trusted Damon with her daughter so she left to place dinner to go for both her and Harmony then she went back over seeing her daughter was knocked out on Damon.

Damon's POV

Meeting this human girl I felt emotions that I haven't felt and tried to keep hidden.

Then when she said she couldn't find her daughter panic set in the pit of my stomach as if I lost apart of myself.