The Trading and Concerning

Finely still felt dizzy as she was still in-recovering from the incident. As she walks around to move her muscles, she was told by her buddies and the other maidens that a merchandise man was coming to castle Dimitrescu. She hears that he was in one of the rooms in the Mask of pleasure hall. She didn't want to get caught by Alcina or the daughters as she learns secret passages in the castle.

~Many walkings Later~

Finley makes it to the room and hears music playing. Putting her ear up too it...she hears a man humming, gently and quite and so, she opens the door. There, she sees the merchandise man, who was called the duke. He was very tall and is a plush size man.

"Hello Finley Triana, I've been waiting for you." The Duke said with a grin, he had his table set up with strange and beautiful artifacts.

"How did you know my name? And why have you been waiting for me?" She walks up and sits down.

The duke laughs and hits his stomach. He lowers his head and smiles more.

"Well you're a legend, the girl that survived the Vârcolac attack, the girl who challenged Lady Dimitrescu in fun deals, and the girl who lived after being poison by a maiden." The duke lights his cigar, taking a few hits from it, "As I learn, you're also the girl who's see and talks to dead people as well as controlling them. You're a descendant of the Shihakage clan." He inhales his cigar and shows Finley a very familiar book that was part of her fathers clan.

"How the fuck..." She almost fell from her sit, "H-How did you get it in the first place?" She stutters and crosses her arms.

The duke laugh and tells that a young woman made a deal with him. The young woman traded the book for medicine for her two young daughters as her husband was very abusive and he refuse to help his two daughters.
Duke was surprise as he couldn't read the language, the young woman told him that only the bloodline of the Shihakage can posses the language, the power and understand everything.

"Wait...a young woman, with two daughters? A rude husband?" Finley digs into her pocket, "Did she look like this?" She pulls out a small folded paper out her wallet, Duke takes and unfolds this mysterious paper.

"Indeed...that's the woman." He looks at the young woman and Finley, "Ah I now see resemblance...you surely do have her beauty. How is everyone?" He inhales again.

Finley told him the story. He was stun as he apologized for the loss of her mother and sister, and he was glad that Finley's father wasn't in the picture.

"Here...take the book." Duke hands over the book, "No charge. I want you to have something close to you, even if your father isn't in your life...I want you to have a piece of your family." He added, "Is there anything else you would like to see or talk about?" He questioned her.

"Actually I do, it's about Lady Dimitrescu. Since you know everything and everyone, can you tell me about her?" Finley traded her newly watch, which she got in one of her trips months ago.

The duke and Finley discuss. Where she learned about Alcina's blood disease, the Cadou procedure, and other fun facts about her. She also learned more of the lords past and even Miranda. Duke was happy that Finley was smiling, but something stuck in the back of her mind.

Why did my mother trade the book for saving my sister and I? I wish I would've known.

There, the duke stops in mid conversation as the door opens, Finley turns and knew that she would be here. It was Alcina. She walks in, looks at them both and sees the book as it caught her eye. Finley sees her eyes looking down at it and she hid it behind her.

"Go rest...remember my rules pet...now let me see." Alcina reaches behind Finley but somehow...the book disappeared from thin air.

"Yeah I'll tell you...next time...or never." Finley mumbles the last part and pats Alcinas hand, "Goodbye duke, I would like to see and chat with you next time." She waves goodbye as he waves back.