Chapter 22

After we made our way back to the hotel and celebrated over and over again, I finally fell asleep. When I woke up around 4:00am, Jeffrey wasn't next to me. He was by the window on the phone with someone whispering. I trust him so I didn't think any else of it. Not until he turned to look at me and saw me awake. He said good bye and hung up quickly. He sat next to me on the bed. "Who was that?" I say sleepily.
"Don't worry about it." He says as he lays down to sleep again.
"Ok don't be mad but it's a little suspicious that you get a phone call at 4 in the morning and then act like it's a huge secret when you saw me awake." I say as I turn over towards him. He looked my way so fast. "Jean! Are you accusing me of something right now or just figuring out things?" He raised his voice a bit.
"Figuring things out." I say back so fast.
"If you must know, I called Norman to let him know and then we got to talking about the farm and the dogs. He says he is happy by the way. He is very glad that I found love again." He chuckled and kissed my forehead. "If you ever think I'm cheating on you, drop that fucking idea right away. My heart belongs to you. Need me to prove it?" He says sadly.
"No I trust you. I'm sorry." I say back looking away.
"Here, look." He says picking up his phone and shows the last person he called. Norman "bubba" Reedus. "You can call to check if I'm telling the truth." He hands me his phone and hits call.
Before I could end it, Norman picks up. "Hey Norman. It's Jean. Sorry for calling but I questioned Jeffrey on why he was on the phone so late and now he is proving why."
"Oh he called to tell me the awesome news. Congratulations you two! Then I told him how his animals are doing. I might have raided the fridge too. Don't tell him I ate his steak." I smile as he says his goodbye and handed the phone back to Jeffrey. "I'm sorry." I say.
"Don't be. You probably have reason to be that way. Past relationships and what not. Im not that way." By this time, he is pacing the room.

"I love you and I want you to be completely honest with me

"I love you and I want you to be completely honest with me. If something I say or do bothers you, tell me. I will do the same. I don't want us to just put up with each other. I want true love, good, bad, ugly, and sexy with you."
"Jeffrey please sit down. I want that too. I'm so sorry." I say as I look at him.
"If I didn't want anything like that with you, I would make you get rid of the child in your belly and not want to marry you. But I love our crazy love. All or nothing." He says sitting down by me.
"All or nothing." I say leaning my head against his shoulder. We both lay back down and fall asleep.
I truly do love this man.