Chapter 4

He took me to the karaoke bar. As we stand in line outside to get in, he put his hands around my shoulders. "what do you want to do once we get inside." He asked me as he pulled me closer to him. He looked at the bouncer and we went in without waiting in line. Once we got into the bar and sat down, I ordered my drink and we sat there and talked about life. I noticed Jeffrey kept looking at me then smiles and then back at his drink. 

"Why do you keep doing that?" I ask before sipping on my drink again

"Why do you keep doing that?" I ask before sipping on my drink again. "Because you make me happy. I know we only been hanging out for 5 days but I like you Jean." He says as he downs the rest of his drink. He held out his hand "dance with me."

"Oh Jeffrey I don't dance. I am not good at it."

"Nonsense! Just sway with me then. Don't worry, I'm the only one going to be watching you." He says with a cocky smile. I place my hand in his and he led me to the dance floor.

We swayed to the music as I faced him. Soon I was comfortable enough to start moving in a relaxed way, I turned my body around and his hands found my hips. We swayed to the music as he whispered in my ear "you look beautiful tonight. Thank you for coming out tonight." I could feel his hot breath on my ear and it sent a sensational shiver through my body. I turned my head to face his face. Our lips just inches apart.

"Thank you for taking me out." I say smiling and looking into his brown eyes. Just as we swayed and stared into each other's eyes, the song ends. I was getting ready to go sit back down. "Just one more song." Jeffrey said as he pulled me back to him. He placed his hand under my chin and made me look into his eyes. "What are you thinking about?" He asks with lust filled eyes. "Kissing you to be honest." I say with a slight smile. Just then he gently placed his lips on mine. I snaked my hand up behind his head and ran it through his hair. He broke the kiss and placed his forehead against mine. "You are killing me Jean. I don't know how you feel about me but I feel something for you." He says breaking eye contact and looking straight ahead. "I feel it too." I say pulling his head back to my eyes. "Take me home Jeffrey." I say before kissing his cheek.

"Yes ma'am." He says as he went to pay our tab. As I walked to the car, I froze before getting into the passenger side.

"What's wrong Jean?" Jeffrey said behind me looking into the car window reflection of me.

"I can't do this. I don't want to hurt you or myself. I leave in 10 days. I can't let my heart break in that time. Please drive me to the hotel and leave." I explained to him with tears building up in my eyes.