Chapter 13

We both starred at each other for a long time. Jeffrey cleared his throat and said "what do you want to do?" As he said it, he got up and started pacing the room.
"What do you mean?" I asked quietly. I just starred at my hands.
"I mean, Jean, your body your choice. I'm happy but I want to know what you think." Jeffrey said as he put his hands on the hospital bed and looked at me.
"I...I...don't know what I want. The logical thing to do is not do it but my heart and mind all say do it. I want to have a life with you but it's just happening so so fast." I kind of blurred out the last part.
"Jean...look at me." He says touching my arm.
"Look into my eyes and tell me what you want."
"I want this...I want the crazy fast love we have." I say.
A huge smile came on Jeffrey's lips and then crashing into mine so fast. "Are we having a baby?" He asked me.
"All or nothing right?" I said with a huge smile.
"Fuck!" I yelled.
"What now? I thought you wanted this?" He asked.
"No I do. I have to tell my family. Oh shit. You are coming to do that with me! I'm not doing that alone." I snapped at him and smiled.
"Get ready to meet my mom. You are going to need it." I continue as he slowly sat in the chair again.
"You think she will approve of us since I'm way older than you?" He asks looking at the clock.
"She doesn't care about age. She cares about how you treat me. Plus I picked you so maybe she will get to see why." I smile at him.
"I have to make a few phone calls but I believe in a month we can go and take the trip to Minnesota to deliver the news in person." He says pulling out his phone.
"Hopefully the press doesn't hear about this before my mom. She will have a fit." I say as he is leaving the room. "Mom will understand why I love him. She has to. I mean I don't rush into things often so she should understand." I say to myself in my head.

When I was finally discharged from the hospital 2days later, Jeffrey brought me to his place.
"Let's get you comfy and talk." He said while helping me to the couch.
"Jeffrey I'm just tired. Can we talk after a nap?" I asked stretching my arms.
"Sure." He says as he goes in the other room.

Little does Jean know that Jeffrey flew her mom out to New York to see her. She was waiting in the other room....