Chapter12

Fast forward by one week. So I've been in New York for 6 weeks.

Jeffrey and I have been hanging out at the studio while he acts and I just sit back and watch. I have been feeling sick lately but I think it's because I don't eat healthy either. I've been snacking on what ever is at the studio. Lately it's been soup and carrots for me. Such a delicious meal.
Jeffrey and I over the last week have been going to his farm and staying there.
When we arrived back at Jeffreys farm, I ran to the bathroom.
When I came out, Jeffrey just looked at me with sad eyes and said "you alright?"
I nodded and replied "I think I either ate something that my body didn't like or I'm getting the flu. I usually get the flu around this time." I say laying on the couch. Jeffrey got me a bucket and some water just in case.
When I woke up, it was morning. Jeffrey made me some tea and soup. I still felt weak and sick. I went to take a bath and then afterwards fell asleep on the couch again. I did this routine for about 4 days.
"Jeffrey!" I yelled for him from the couch.
He came running from upstairs and in front of me. Hands on his knees and out of breath. "What's wrong Jean?" He finally said.
"I didn't mean to scare you, I just need to talk to you." I say smiling.
"Well you fooled me." He says sitting next to me but with some distance.
"Ok I'm a reasonable person right?" I asked him.
"I think so." He says.
"So if I were to say instead of going home, to Minnesota, and I were to stay in New York. I'd find an apartment and that way we can still be close. I'd find a job and visit you every day." I say looking down.
"Why not just move in with me?" Jeffrey said. I was so shocked that I felt really sick. I ran to the bathroom and puked. After cleaning up and rinsing my mouth, I opened the door and Jeffrey was standing there.
"Does that scare you?" He asked as he grabbed my hand.
"No that is the problem. I want to live and be with you. I want you so much that I am willing to leave my home to make a home with you. But I have to go to Minnesota to say goodbye. Will you come with?" I say as I felt weak.
Jeffrey caught me and said "ok but first your going to the doctor. You don't look good." He kissed my forehead and helped me to the car.

At the doctors, they admitted me for dehydration. They had me on an IV and they ran blood tests. Jeffrey was sitting in the chair next to the bed when the doctor came in.
"Hello Ms Knutson. I got your results back and turns out we have good and bad news. Which would you like first?" He says looking between me and Jeffrey.
"Bad." Jeffrey said quickly while grabbing my hand.
"Ok. You have to stay for 2 days because of the dehydration."
"What's the good news." I say looking at Jeffrey.
"Well, after running tests and from what you told us, we have found out that you are pregnant." He said as he put the chart down and left the room.
I starred at Jeffrey with wide eyes.
He did the same.