Chapter 10

"Jean..." I can't make out any sounds but know Jeffrey is talking to me. Slowly the words start to make sense.
"Jean did you hear me?" He asks as he is starring into my eyes.
"What did you say?" I finally blurt out.
"I said I love you. Are you alright? You went kind of white there." He says holding my hand.
"Yes I'm fine. But I'm sorry Jeffrey. I need more time. My heart is too fragile to love just yet. Please don't be mad." I say as I look right into his eyes.
"I'm not mad. I know that you lost your boyfriend 4 months ago. I'm not going to make you say something you aren't comfortable with yet." He says kissing my hand.
"I should get you home Jean. You had a long day." He says getting dressed. He hands me my clothes and we head out.

As I sit in my hotel room alone, I try to think of reasons not to love Jeffrey. I start making a list.
1. Leaving to Minnesota soon.
2. Age gap.
3. It's only been 2 weeks.
4. Out of my league.
I stop there and start to cry. I have to go for a walk. I head to the park and take a long walk. I didn't take anything but my room card and wallet with. I didn't want to be bothered with anything while I try and clear my head. After what felt like hours of walking, I went back to my hotel. I got out of the elevator and saw Jeffrey standing next to my room reading a book.

 I got out of the elevator and saw Jeffrey standing next to my room reading a book

"How long we're you waiting?" I ask him.
"Long enough to know you made a list and left it on your bed." He says smiling at me.
"That list means nothing. Just me trying to convince myself to not love you. Reasons not to love you." I say unlocking my room.
"I know. You just can't say it back at this moment. But we have time. Take how ever long you need." He says as he enters behind me.
"You sir are too understanding. I like it but hate it too." I say laying on the bed.
"I know. That's why my first marriage ended. Because I am a nice guy." He says laying next to me.
"Tell me something Jeffrey...what is your goal with me?" I ask looking into his eyes.
"My goal? Like what I want you for?" He asks.
"Yes. Why date me? You can have anyone you want. So why me?" I say biting my lip.
"Ok that's not a goal. But I like that you tell me like it is. You don't spare feelings because that's not who you are. You think people think you're an asshole but deep down you care too much for people. You treat me like a person and not a celebrity. You can always make my day better even when you think you will ruin it by leaving in 2 days. I like that you are comfortable enough around my friends to hang out with them too. You don't need me around to introduce you to them. You do that on your own. I love that you gave us a try." He says holding my hand. "I'm not going to lose you. I'm going to find a way to visit you in Minnesota until you are ready to move. I'm not giving up on us." He says kissing my forehead.
"Can we go for a walk? Just to clear our heads." I say as I sit up on the bed. Jeffrey sits up and say "yes but I must warn you, the press has been following me since I said I was with you." He kind of frowns.
"When we get back, I want to tell you about why I guard my heart. But not now." I say as I got off the bed. Jeffrey just nods.
"I can handle the press. I have to right?" I say now standing between his legs. "Besides how will this ever work if we don't show them who you are dating?" I say as he stands up and picks me up.
"Let's go show the world my girl!" He carried me to the door and we start to go on our walk.