Chapter 16~ Are you kidding me

Alexander(Alex)POV

She was there on my chest crying her eyes out and I felt bad that I couldn't do anything. All I could do was stand with her up against this wall with her in my arms telling her that everything is okay when really she knows that it's not. Venus is the type to have emotions bottled up until she's not mentally there anymore and she just starts spacing out. She never talks about her feelings nor her past.

"Venus what do you want me to do to make you feel better?" I lifted her off my chest made her look at me.

"Paris again. To see family." She gave a sad smile and a little sniffle while I wiped her tears. I love when her grammar is messed up because of her accent.

"Okay we'll leave tomorrow morning but right now our kids are outside in the pool waiting for us and also Gin and Romano are out there. So are you sure that your fine now?"

"I'm fine I promise let's just go with the rest." She made her way outside and I followed behind her. I could tell that she wasn't fully fine but that the crying helped.

"Aww look at you two so amazing but when are going to let me take Venus on a date." Romano flung his arm across my shoulders while waiting for an answer.

"In your fucking dreams." I moved from up under him and went to sit beside him by the pool. I saw Venus with Xavier which was a beautiful sight. May and Clay where with Gin and I was sitting with Romano while he talked my fucking head off which I didn't mind. He's like my little brother.

"So what changed?" Romano asked me and I looked at him confused.

"What you mean?"

"You used to be all "I'm not lovable. I hate love." And now look at you drooling over the sight of a woman who took your heart the first you laid eyes on her." I chuckled while looking at the sight of Venus playing with the kids.

"Yea well I honestly don't know. My plan was to keep her here until we found her something else but then I warmed up to her and now here we are 5 years later married with three kids." I said with a little chuckle at the end.

"The big scary mafia guy has become a big softie for his wife and kids." He said causing me to chuckle.

"You know you've become an influence on her." I looked at him with my eyebrow raised.

"How?"

"She's started cussing and she's never cussed before unless your fucking her or when she's very very pissed and now she an assassin for the mafia and help torturing people and might I add she a damn good assassin. Most would've been caught by now but she hasn't." He isn't wrong she is starting to change. She's still the bubbly and soft Venus but just with a touch of flavor that she didn't have.

"Hey what can I say it's better than her sitting around being depressed and taking pills." I said leaning back in my chair with a sigh.

"Yea about that....i think it's more than that." I looked at him for him to continue. "It's more so she spaces out and when she does it's like you have to call her name 50 times to get her out of the trances then when she cries they turn into yells and sometimes screams. She's hurt and I think it's way deeper then what she's telling me, you, and gin."I never thought of it like that. He's making valid points which makes sense.

"When the time comes she'll talk and when she does I'll be there to listen. Right now you should go throw Gin in the pool."

"Nah she might go running to mommy and daddy and I don't need a lecture from them"

Venus POV

I'm sitting with Gin while watching Xavier play in the pool with May and Clay.