Chapter 10~ Back in Business

Alex (Alexander) POV

After a few weeks making sure Venus and May got settled in she thought that it was time to start back going to work and for her to start training with Romano. I told her that I could take a whole month if I wanted to but she didn't like that idea.

"Okay....what the hell is this?" I was looking at a map that contained different mafia groups wether it was one person owning one mafia or one person owning multiple.

"The Don of the Russians decided it would be a good idea to host a masquerade ball to take out the French so everyone was invited including you and Venus." Gin told me and I pinched the bridge of my nose and let out a sigh.

"But we need the French to take out the Spanish."

"I know but right now do we really need the French I mean after all they stole from this mafia." Gin makes a point that is keeping me from going along with my plan.

"When is the masquerade ball?"

"In a few weeks....why?"

"Meet back here tomorrow and this time bring Venus with you."

"I don't think it's a good idea to involve her in this Alexander and you know that too." Gin's comment made me stop in my tracks.

"That's for Venus to decide herself if she doesn't want to do it then she doesn't have to but is she does then we need her there."

Gin POV

After the little conversation me Alex had I went downstairs and sat down at the island with a glass and a bottle of whiskey with a blunt on the tray I rolled it up on.

I was in trance but I couldn't help it. Venus just got everything she wanted and I don't want whatever this mafia shit does to her to break her.

"Hey little sis....Gin." I was broken out of my thoughts by Romano calling my name.

"Hmm....what?"

"What's wrong?" I rolled my eyes at that question because I knew soon or later I was gonna have to tell him what's wrong.

"Nothing." That was a fucking lie a huge fucking big ass lie.

"Your lying. I can tell by the way your playing with your rings. You've been doing that since you were eight." Fuck you fucking hands always gotta be fidgeting with something.

"I'm fine." Your lying.

"Okay then put the blunt out and put the bottle up." I looked at him while I blew the smoke out in his face.

"Okay fine I'm not fucking okay and I never was. I'm worried about what this mafia shit is doing to Venus and she just got eve she wanted her happiness and her daughter. I just don't want this life to fuck her up and make sad again I don't like seeing someone I claim my sister sad." I blew out another cloud of smoke while taking a drink behind it.

"I know but give her a chance and see how she handles it and if you still feel the same way then we go to talk to Alex. Okay. Wipe your face and stop crying please." I got up and hugged Romano as he hugged me back.

"Your the best big brother I could ever ask for and I love you for that. You stink and you need a shower." I pushed him off and laughed.

"Now you stink because you jus hugged me." I gave him the finger while he walked off.

I walked into the living room to see May hugging her bear and watching some yellow sponge thing on the tv but aye she looked happy so I wasn't complaining.

"Hey May." She looked at me and waved and looked back at the tv and I chuckled shaking my head.

"What you watching?"