Chapter Nineteen

Victoria breathed heavily before resting her head on her pillow. She was sweating hard, since the sudden heat of inside the HQ warmed her off. She sighed and closed her eyes. She shouldn't have burst out like that. It was childish and immature, and she still had training in five hours. Not to mention that task for next week outside the walls.

Xavier tried his best not to stare at Almira. It was hard, considering how she could sense someone watching her at this close range (three meters apart) and sent death glares. He tried to focus on the task at hand with or without Evan constantly nudging and teasing.

-

Almira was getting irritated.

That Xavier has been staring at her.

With a sigh, she walked over to the guy and raised an eyebrow at him.

"Why do you keep staring at me, if you don't mind me asking?" Almira asked with a cold tone.

"Because he likes you," Evan whispered softly so that only Xavier could hear.

Xavier elbowed him and turned back to Almira, willing himself to stare into her light brown eyes.

'Oh God,' Xavier thought.

Almira raised an eyebrow. "Well?"

Xavier swallowed the lump in his throat. "I-I wasn't staring at you."

Almira was about to say something but then Levi interrupted her.

"Almira, Erwin's office. Now," Levi commanded before walking off.

Almira sighed and followed Levi, passing by Xavier.

-

Erwin sat at his desk, twisting a quill between his fingers as he waited. Hanji stood beside him, leafing through pages. "So this is all their info?" she asked, her glasses gleaming.

Mike nodded.

Just then, Levi and Almira entered the room.

"Good, you're here," Erwin said, sitting back on his chair.

Almira raised an eyebrow but she said nothing.

Levi, on the other hand, spoke. "Erwin, what do you need?"

Erwin stared straight into everyone's eyes before answering the question.

"We're going to capture the Female Titan."

-Timeskip to next day-