Chapter Eleven

Victoria nodded. "Hey, that idea isn't half bad as a Marco joke." Her chuckles were cut short by another glare from Almira. Victoria sighed and stood up. "If you excuse me, I'm going to spy on Levi. Or I could simply ask how they found out about us, I don't know." She ignored the weird looks she was getting and headed out the door.

She kind of owed them, since she disliked the Underground so much and now she's back up top. But there was still constant death looming over them.

Almira shrugged when Victoria left.

She was used to it after all.

However, she was surprised to see the guy who pissed her off slide into her table.

He grinned. "Hi... Umm... I'm sorry for treating you badly earlier. I learned my lesson. Can we be friends?"

Almira raised an eyebrow skeptically.

But she still agreed anyway. "Fine."

He grinned again. "I'm Jean Kirschtein, by the way."

Almira nodded curtly. "I believe you know my name already."

Jean nodded.

CHAPTER 23

Victoria did not want to run into the titans today.

Sure, Reiner and Bertholdt were alright, but they questioned her. And the fact that Almira didn't recognize Jean was slightly unsettling for some reason.

Thankfully, Commander Erwin asked to speak with her in private.

Her relief was short-lived.

"So. Why'd you take me here?" asked Victoria. She was more curious than scared, but the fact there was a bunch of Military Police in the room bothered her.

"Victoria," Erwin started. "Sit down."

"Not until you tell me what's going on." An MP headed to force her down, but Erwin stopped him. His expression was grim.

"We have a job for you and your friend."

Victoria raised a brow. "Oh?"

Erwin nodded.

"We want to utilize your skills on titan research. You're wanted criminals, so the Military Police doesn't mind even if you died in the process."

That last part pissed Victoria off. She slammed her fists on the commander's table. "SO WE'RE WORTHLESS TO YOU?! THEN WHY USE US, THEN?!" she yelled angrily.

She knocked away the hands of the Military Police, but they pinned her down on the chair. Something in Erwin's eyes...was that pity? Or sympathy? Either way, she didn't want it. "Just because I had to be like that underground because of the shitty government-" a blow across her face.