Chapter Fourteen

Victoria didn't know how she'd handle the next days. Heck, hearing Levi and Mr. Ral's encounter nearly brought the both of them to tears.

Almira rubbed circles around the younger girl's back. She buried her face in Almira's shoulder, thinking about all her favorite ships. Maybe that could lighten her mood.

She received a little smack. 

"If you're thinking about your pairings, don't. You said so yourself- they just fall apart in the end."

Victoria gave a bitter smile. She tried to smile again. It always helps. But somehow the frown made its way to her face each time she tried.

"Don't force yourself."

Victoria didn't listen. She strained her muscles so hard that it didn't even seem like smiling anymore

Almira sighed.

"Victoria, stop trying to smile when you know you can't. Just cry. It's okay," she said.

Almira shifted her injured foot.

Okay, maybe she changed the plot a bit. She got injured in Levi's stead, which she thought would never happen.

It was impossible...

Until it happened.

"Tch," Almira sounded as her injured foot hit the ground with a thud.

She bit her lip and did not focus on the pain.

She felt like crying too.

But she didn't. She has to remain strong.

Almira continued to comfort the crying twelve year old.

Almira sighed as she rubbed the twelve year old's back.

She thought back to the forest when she and Levi mercilessly sliced up the Female Titan.

'Levi should be thankful I took that injury for him,' Almira thought in her head with a frown.

Victoria wanted to bang her head on the table again. It was frustrating. She sat up, and felt wobbly.

Slowly, she tried to stand up.

Almira sighed.

Victoria was at it again.

Almira allowed the twelve year old to do what she wanted. She tried stopping her but Victoria was stubborn as always.

Almira limped into the mess hall to grab something to eat. As she sat down, she was amazed to see Levi walking towards her.

Almira raised an eyebrow.