Chapter Thirteen

Almira did not see Victoria get hit.

Titans were pursuing Almira, so Victoria ended up getting rid of them. 

Except for that one titan.

Her eyes widened when the first member of squad Levi died. "NO!" She screamed. She was distracted as they died one by one and didn't notice that one twenty meter aberrant heading towards her. She panicked, it bit at her, hitting her gear. She was launched into the air by the broken gas tank.

She grew worried for Almira. She wasn't able to kill the titan!

Victoria relaxed though, when Almira swerved and cut the titan's nape.

Now she had to worry about herself.

She tugged onto the ropes. Maybe she could find a way to-

Damnit! She cursed. She was already plummeting to the ground at top speed. She aimed the ropes at a tree and tried to launch, but the engine was destroyed. At least...she needed something to break her fall.

She just hoped they'd be able to find her.

-

Almira was loving this.

She and Levi worked together as they both cut up the Female Titan.

And when Mikasa was about to get hit, Almira was there before Levi, spraining her ankle in the process. Almira bit her lip but she went on.

When they finally retrieved Eren, they went back. And that's when Almira noticed Victoria.

"What the fuck?" she said out loud as she went down to the twelve year old.

"Stupid," she grumbled as she helped Victoria.

Victoria just smiled at Almira, and the five of them regrouped with the others.

Victoria's smile did not fade the whole time.

Her body was aching like hell- It was worse than bumping into the ceiling of the Underground.

The smile was so forced that is started to become genuine. She believed that was the best coping mechanism.

Her lack of speech bothered them.

"Victoria?" Eren asked, his eyebrows furrowing. She smiled at him.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

Smile.

The truth was, if she stopped smiling, she'd break down. And no one ever saw her break down except for Amira. And even that was rare.

Almira dragged Victoria into their room.

It was slow work, since Almira was limping. Her sprained foot hurt like hell.

She locked the door behind him, forced Victoria to sit on her bed as Almira sat across her.

Victoria's facial expression seem to ask why Almira did that.

Almira sighed. "Go on, Vic. You can cry."

Victoria's smile vanished and tears started pouring.

Almira stood up and sat beside the twelve year old.

She put one arm around her and comforted her.

Almira knew that Victoria needed this.

So Almira let her cry all she want.