„Diver down?" He looked at her. „Diver down." She responded to him.

„Bon voyage lil bro." I waved at him, and then he jumped into the water.

As we were waiting I walked over to Kie, and put my head on her shoulder. „Soo.. What was that about? Do you fancy John B?" I winked at her. „What? NO! Oh my god, y/n, you can't be serious right now. He's just my friend, and I don't want anything to happen to him okay?" She almost yelled at me. „Alright, yeah I got it. Eventough, you are being little too overprotective about that." I gave her a kiss on her red cheek and sat down, this will take a while.

...

„Shit JJ." We all turned around and saw a boat coming our way. „Guys, that's the police. Yep, that's the police." JJ stated.

„Just act frickin' normal." Told us Kie while she sat down and pretended she was sunbathing. Pope stayed at the helm and JJ sat down next to me and put his hand around my shoulder as I leaned more into him.

„Evening officers." We greeted them as they handed us a rope to tie them down.

„Evening. How you kids doing? You know the marsh is closed?" One of the officers asked us.

„No, no we didn't know that."

„Why is it closed?" I asked, and the officer turned to face me. „Well, we're conducting a search out here. Boat went down. Who are you? I don't think I've seen you around."

„Oh I'm in the Outer Banks only few months now." I smiled at him, trying to avoid telling him my name. „And your name is?" Fuck. „Y/n." okay, maybe that'll be enough for him. „Your full name, y/n"

„Routledge. My full name is Y/n Routledge."

„Wow, another Routledge. And as I can see, John B is not in here. Where is he?"

„He's working." Kie anwered instead of me. „Hm.. Mind if I check your boat?" Like that was a question, he was already on the boat. He started to walk around and checking everything, when he stared in the water for a moment. John B should be getting back any minute now.

„Alright. You let us know, if you see anything on your way out." The officer went back to his boat and started the engine.

„Yes we do. We'll be gone soon sir." Kie gave him the brightest smile. And then as they left everyone ran to the edge of the boat tooking for John B. He got out safely, thanks god.

„So, how did it go? Did you find anything?" Asked JJ as he dragged John B back on the boat. My brother just started laughing as he throwed a bag to JJ.

„You okay?" Kie was a little too much concerned. „Yeah, I ran out of air." „You scared the shit out of me." She told him as she hugged him.

„Yeah well, the cops came, but we took care of them." I informed him „Asking me about my name and shit."

„Like what do they care."

„hey, guys? Guys, bogey, two o'clock." Kie interrupted us. „huh?"

„Do you know them?" I asked them because I didn't know almost anyone in here. „No, what are they doing here, the marsh is supposed to be closed." Kiara told me.

„Okey, let's leave, I don't have a good feeling about it." I looked over at Pope and hoped he would get the clue to start the engine.

„Yeah, good idea, JJ get the stern, Pope start the engine." My brother starts giving orders. In a few seconds, we are ready to leave. We are slowly leaving trying to act normal, as the boat behind us speeds up and starts to follow us. „Dude you gotta go faster." „JJ I'm going, I'm going!" John B gets back at him. Out of nowhere they start to shoot at us, everyone gets down to the ground, JJ grabs me and covers me with his own body.

„Oh my god, we're gonna die."

„Pope shut up!" I yell at him. „Kiara come here and help me." I tell her as I start to pull out the fishing net. We throw it together into the water, and when the boat behind us hits it, the net gets tangled in their propellers and they can't go any further.

We manage to get away from them. That was crazy, we really could've died. As we get back to the Chateau, we are all eager to see what John B found on the boat. 

„What do you think it is?" Kie sits on the ground next to John B. „It gotta be money, right? That or a couple of keys with street value to the low- to mid- mils!" JJ starts laughing.

„Can we please just open the bag?" Pope eagerly yells at us. I looked at him with a smirk on my face. „Wow Pope, such eagerness"

„We almost died over there, so I wanna know if it was at least worth it!" Pope turn on us

John B pulls out a bag, and from the bag some canister maybe? I don't really know what it is. As he opens the container a compass fall out of there. 

„Compass, that's it?" I'm a little bit disappointed, I'm not gonna lie. Everyone else is same annoyed as I am. John B turn around and grab me by my shoulders and look me dead in the eye. „y/n this- This compass belongs to my father. Our father."