ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 30 - ꜱᴇɴᴛɪᴍᴇɴᴛᴀʟ ᴠᴀʟᴜᴇ

▬𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐃▬

───͙⊱••🌣••̩̩͙⊰•───

I rummaged through the bank. Throwing things around to try and find my stuff. "Where are they!"

Unfortunately, but lucky for me, I remembered where the bank was. I only destroyed the inside of the bank vault, so the rest of the building was without any damages.

It's where they gave me the back suit that I long since took off. I wore a pair of black leggings and a grey striped shirt. Only thing Natasha grabbed from my apartment.

I wasn't the only one in the bank, there were several other agents taking pictures. All of them from different organizations. The CIA, internal affairs, the FBI, DOD. None of them cared for jurisdiction. They were here to collect evidence, and a body. When we got here, there was a dead scientist. The most likely culprit being Bucky. But I didn't care about that, I had to find my stuff.

Normally I wouldn't act like this for something as simple as jewelry, but the bow necklace was a gift from Clint, and he helped me get through some stuff. I ripped open a counter and inside laid my suit. My suit. I grabbed it, unfolding it and checking the pockets. They had to be here. This amulet is one of the last things my mother gave me.

I'm not the only one that uses the amulet my mother gave me. Kilorn uses it to call his sister and mother back home, our friends. My father.

I checked the last pocket of my suit, nothing. Dammit! I kicked at the cupboard door in anger. Where were they? I almost gave up when I noticed something shine in my gold boots. Inside. I grabbed my boot and turned it upside down, dumping what was inside on the counter. Out fell my amulet and my bow necklace. I felt a huge strain lift off my shoulders as I grabbed them and held them to my chest.

I didn't think I could get attached to jewelry; except I didn't have these. I quickly put them back on.

I paused, seeing the ring I gave Bucky on the counter. It fell out of my boot. I picked it up and closed my fist around it. He was here. I looked around at the agents' taking pictures and collecting evidence. It's a good thing none of them know about this. I grabbed my jacket and slipped away without any of them noticing. According to the ME, the scientist had only been dead for a few hours, which means he still has to be in the city.

I had a few guesses to where he could be. I remember when I first got here, I was curious to what this world remembered about my family. The first place I went to was the first nearby museum. Most of the museums around DC are closed or don't have that much information about Steve or Bucky. The one place that had all that information was the Smithsonian.

When I entered the Smithsonian, I snagged a cap from a stand. And took a pair of shades. I didn't want to get recognized by anyone. Turns out that I wasn't exactly on the news, the closet thing people have of me is flying in a dark suit. However, any video recording of me actually, doing stuff was destroyed by the government. I guess they don't want the people to fear their biggest allied or something. I reached the Captain America exhibit and began to look around. Today it was mostly empty, not that many people. I spotted a figure with shoulder length hair, a cap and jacket. Could it be? I hid behind a small statue and turned invisible, just so I could make sure it was him before I walked up to some stranger and called him the winter soldier. He was reading the monument dedicated to himself. It was him.