ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2 - ʙʀɪᴅɢᴇ ʜᴏᴍᴇ

▬𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐃▬ 

───͙⊱••🌣••̩̩͙⊰•───

NOVEMBER 11

The rapid knocking on the door woke me up, sitting up right with a start. I frowned groggy as I noticed I was drooling and had monopoly money stuck to my face. "What the-?" I removed them from my face and rubbed my forehead and my aching neck. Ooooh. Sitting on the floor with your face on a coffee table is not a comfortable position. God, last night we stayed up playing Monopoly to win. I don't think we even finished. I looked out to the glass windows and saw it was morning. My eyes went wide as I scattered to my feet, dropping a bunch of snack wrappers on the floor along with Monopoly pieces. "I'm late!"

Natasha jumped from the couch startled, she like me was covered in snack wrappers and Monopoly money. "God what the? -"

I rushed to my bedroom and started to comb my hair. God's this is what I get for deciding to have a girl's night and playing Monopoly till like 3 in the morning. Oh my god.

"What time is it?" Natasha yawned as she stretched on the couch. "Late!"

I stripped off my wrinkled cheese dust covered clothes and quickly changed into a black top and jeans, putting my hair in a side braid as quickly as possible. "I can't believe I'm late! I'm never late!"

I always wake up with the sun, last time was the exception for me because the day before we had fought the Chitauri and I wanted to stay in.

"Who's at the door?" Nat asked as I came out of my room, "I don't know." I grunt as I struggle to slip on my shoes, hopping around on one foot while Nat tends to the door. Since when is putting shoes on so hard to do. "God I'm an idiot." Okay, my number one rule after I come home is that I need an alarm clock whenever we decide to play board games before some event.

"Steve."

I lifted my head in confusion, seeing Steve standing at the door with Nat. "Steve, what are you doing here?"

"I uh, came to wave you off but you weren't there." Right, I almost forgot that I told him I was going on a needed family vacation. Steve pointed at my state, I'm sure my hair wasn't even braided perfectly. "And I'm guessing you just woke up." What gave it away?

I grinned sheepishly as I grabbed my bags, "Guilty as charged."

Nat picked the monopoly money from her clothes. "Monopoly is like a drug." Steve chuckled at her sleep state. I wouldn't be surprised if she went to bed right after I went home. "Oh, hey guess what?!" I said to Steve as he helped take a few of my bags. "What?"

"I am officially a US resident." I pulled out my ID card from my wallet and showed it to him. Grinning from ear to ear. "That's great!" Steve smiled at me. "Congratulations, Coulson would be proud." Coulson. I wonder if we would have actually been proud of me.