ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1 - ɢɪʀʟꜱ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ɪɴ

▬𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐃▬

───͙⊱••🌣••̩̩͙⊰•───

It's been a year since the battle of New York. A year and a half if you want to be specific.

However, New York is now in better shape. Tony has been rebuilding Stark Tower since then, except after the fight, only one letter of his name survived, the letter A.

It's actually already done; he's donned it the Avengers Tower. Since there hasn't been an avenger's threat since none of us ever really go there unless it's some party Tony throws for a holiday so we can get together again.

Steve actually joined SHIELD. He's on the STRIKE task force and so am I. With the Tesseract on Asgard, there was no point for project PEGASUS, so everyone resigned elsewhere. It's a little shame however, I've missed annoying Clint constantly and I hated to admit it, but I did miss his weird obsession with fancy looking old cars. We were on the project for over 6 months. I was closer with him than I was with Nat at the time. The two of us have gotten closer so it's about an equal with them now. Huh? I just realized we have the relationship of two parents and their kid.

Anyway, Fury put me on the STRIKE task force as soon as I returned to work after making sure Erik was good. He thought I should be putting my skills to use. The SHIELD base, the Triskelion, is in DC. Nat had an apartment there, so I moved in with her. We're roommates. We share expenses and chores. I'm always the first one up so I do most of the cooking. And by cooking, I mean just putting something together and cooking it via heat vision.

Steve also moved to DC to be closer to work. Because of that and our serious lack of earthly knowledge we've teamed up to help each other out when it comes to Earth's technology. We both have been having some problems. Not just with technology. He's having nightmares about when he was in the war, freezing for those 70 years.

I've been having my own nightmares. About Loki. What would have happened if things had played differently if we hadn't won. I try not to think about it that much, but it does invade my dreams sometimes.

Apart from working together in S.H.I.E.L.D. and helping each other with our nightmares, sometimes we'd go out to get a better scenery of D.C. mainly because after work I don't do anything other than sit around and just watch the news and this show that streams every Thursday.

Ever since New York, more and more people know about us, the avengers. The people of course have different opinions on us. Some say we'll just make things worse, while some say we're the world's only hope when something like this happens again.

The people in Norway are going crazy with learning that Thor, Loki and I are real. Norway is where the legends of my family come from. When Thor, Loki and I visited Norway with our parents as kids, I was 4, Thor was almost 9 and Loki was 8. We taught them about us, well they really, I was more focused on playing with the kids my age-ish. Anyway, that was a long time ago. I mean I'm 1,035 years old.