ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 19 - ɪɴɴᴇʀ ʟᴏᴋɪ

▬𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐃▬

───͙⊱••🌣••̩̩͙⊰•───

AURORAS POV

"Something just doesn't make sense." Nat muttered as she paced in the living room. "They are both clearly hiding something but what on earth is it?"

I sighed and shook my head, "Your guess is as good as mine."

It felt so strange to have Kilorn lie to me, in all the time I've known him he's never ever lied to me and I've never lied to him. We've evaded, and we've lied knowing the other knew different. He lied to me purposely, so whatever happened in their apartment must have been important.

"I need to know what happened. What if he hid something in the hospital?" Nat questioned as she bit her nails.

I shrugged, "Makes sense for him to hide it there." Their apartment is probably crawling with SHIELD agents collecting evidence.

Nat rushed to the counter, grabbing her keys. "Well let's get going!"

───── ⋆⋅☀️⋅⋆ ─────

"If I was something Steve Rogers wanted to hide," Natasha hummed as we walked through the halls of the hospital. "Where would I hide?"

I began to think about the question. Steve's a soldier so is Kilorn. They'd be smart where they'd hide it. They wouldn't keep it on their person. "They both didn't have anything significant to the eye on either of them, which means it's small." I state as we rounded the corner. "You're getting better at this." Nat mussed.

"I learned from the best."

"And if it was so important Fury needed to go to him and risk his life, Steve wouldn't want it falling into the wrong hands." Natasha pointed out. "And considering that Fury is the director of SHIELD it must have been something important."

"So, it's probably the flash drive that you and Kilorn gave Fury from the Lemurian Star." I realized. "And if I were Steve, I would hide it in a plain but not so plain sight."

The both of us stopped in front of the vending machine in the hall. I was near it with Steve and Kilorn before Rumlow told them they had to go to SHIELD. Hidden in plain sight, in a pack of gum.

Nat smirked, "I taught you well." I grinned and held out my hand. "Do you have a dollar?"

I smiled pleased when the flash drive came out, I gave Nat those gum packs and looked over the flash drive. "There's no damage," I noted as I slipped it in my pocket. "But I don't understand why they would hide this?"

"It's mostly SHIELD Intel from the ship. Do you think SHIELD is compromised?" Nat questioned as we started down the hallway.

I shrugged, opening one of the gum packs and started chewing on the gum. "It must be. What other reason would the winter soldier have to kill Fury?"