ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 21 - ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ʜᴏᴍᴇ ᴄᴀᴘ

▬𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐃▬

───͙⊱••🌣••̩̩͙⊰•───

We drove for a while more before Steve announced, "We're here." as he slowed the car down. I looked through the windshield at the old abandoned military base where the signal led us to.

"This is it." Steve announced, parking the car in front of the old looking gate. "Great." Kilorn muttered as we got down from the car.

"The file came from these coordinates." Nat confirmed, putting her phone away after checking the coordinates.

Steve nodded. "So did I."

I looked at Steve for that, "Really?" Oh, wait. This is where he was sent when he was finally accepted into the army. Look at that, I've been to the Smithsonian so many times now, I've actually remembered things. "Well then welcome home."

I held my hand up, a ball of sunlight hovering above my palm to light to light the way since it was getting dark as we walked around the base trying to pinpoint where the signal came from.

It's a good thing I'm the goddess of the sun. "This camp is where I was trained." Steve shared with us, looking around the base with a nostalgic look.

"Changed much?" Nat said as she held her phone up, waving it around. Steve sighed. "A little." She moved it over in my direction, it beeped like crazy. I hid a small smile; it sensed the energy waves I was giving off. But other than the waves I was giving, it wasn't beeping.

"This is a dead end," Nat said as she put her phone away. "Zero heat signature, zero waves, not even radio. Whoever wrote the file must have used a router to throw people off."

Steve notices a building ahead of us and stares penetratingly at it. "What is it?" I asked, following his gaze.

"Army regulations forbid storing ammunition within five hundred yards of the barracks." Steve said and pointed at the building. "This building is in the wrong place."

"Secrets here we come." Kilorn said as we walked to the building.

I grabbed the lock on the door and used my powers to melt it and it fell on the ground in a liquid state. We went inside and I kept the small ball of light with us till the lights turned on automatically, so I put it away. At the very end of the building, there is an insignia on the wall. A raven. SHIELDS Insignia.

"This is SHIELD." I say in pure shock at the symbol on the wall.

Steve nodded. "Maybe where it started."

We kept walking deeper inside and found a room where we found old, framed portraits of  3 people. I only recognized one.

Peggy. She looked so young and pretty. "There's Stark's father." Nat said, motion to the portrait in the center.