ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 9 - ʙʀᴇᴀᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ

▬𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐃▬

───͙⊱••🌣••̩̩͙⊰•───

NEXT MORNING

NOVEMBER 15

"You don't have to do this if you don't want to." I told Sif as I strapped the holster on my leg and zip up my suit. Since part of the plan involves going to svaratheim, and my suit is rather bright, I won't be able to blend in. So, I'm wearing my SHIELD suit that I thankfully decided to pack. I even brought a gun; I don't even know why.

"Do what?" Sif questioned, confused as she slipped her sword into her sheath. "Break Jane out."

"Why wouldn't I want to do that?"

I turned around to face her, raising my eyebrow at her as I put ammo in my gun and slipped it in the holster. I brought a gun with me from Midgard so I could show it off. Kilorn and Sif seemed to like how deadly a small weapon was. "I thought you liked my brother?"

"I most certainly do not!" she exclaimed as she took her shield and slipped her arm through the straps.

"Hmm, I don't know about that."

"I do not like Thor, and besides, even if I did it's not like he'll ever see me like that." I gave her a sympathetic look, I honestly hate to admit it but, I've never seen my brother act the way he acts towards Jane to any other woman, and mind you with his past there have been a lot.

"Sif you can do so much better than my brother." I reminded her as I took a blue coat with gold embroidery from my closet and put it on, clipping it in place. I had to hide the suit somehow.

"I know I can." She said as we started to walk out of my room. "You'll find someone, I can help speed up the process, I know a friend from Midgard that has a good list of candidates."

Sif laughed and looked at me as if I was crazy. "Midgardians?"

I shrugged, "I'm pretty much living there. Midgardians are about all I'm going to get."

Sif chuckled and shook her head, "Any relationship with a human is doomed."

I looked away and thought about what she said, she was right. How can an Asgardian who ages at a slower pace, and a human who ages faster ever be together?

"I know, which is why I don't date. I don't want to risk getting close to someone."

"But you have." I'm taken back by what she had said, stopping mid-corridor and turned to her with wide eyes. "What?"