ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 10 - ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ

▬𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐃▬

───͙⊱••🌣••̩̩͙⊰•───

I groan, sitting down on the floor. "Lovely. It's so dark." There is barely any light on this plant, it was unnerving. I shuddered at the darkness as I wrapped my arms around myself, raising my knees to my chest.

Our grandfather clearly did a number on this land, svaratheim was in ruins, and it was so dark. Not a single ray of sun, which I do not like. It was horrible. Bending light here would be nearly impossible, good thing this wasn't necessarily a part of our plan.

Loki sighed wantingly as he looked at Jane, who Thor was covering with his coat. She had passed out again, the aether was starting to take its toll on her. "What I could do with the power that flows through those veins." he mused in thought.

"It would consume you." I tell him as I twist around my ring anxiously. There were so many things that could go wrong with this plan. "She's holding up alright, for now."

Thor nodded. "She's strong in ways you'd never even know."

"Say goodbye." I frowned at Loki. Did he just say that? Thor shook his head. "Not this day."

"This day, the next, a hundred years, it's nothing." Loki stated. "It's a heartbeat. You'll never be ready." I thought back to the conversation Sif, and I had, she was partly right, and right now even as I hate to admit it, so was he. "The only woman whose love you've prized will be snatched from you."

"And will that satisfy you?" questions Thor. "Satisfaction is not in my nature."

Oh, by the allfather, this won't end good at all.

"Surrender is not in mine."

"The children of Odin." Loki mused which caused me to whirl my head to him. The children of Odin? Is he serious?

"No, not just Odin!" Thor boomed. "You think you alone loved mother? You had her tricks, but we had her trust!" I stood, feeling the tears well up in my eyes. This will not end well at all.

"Both of you stop it!"

"Trust. Was that her last expression? Trust? When you let her die!"

"What help were you in your cell?" demanded Thor. "Stop it." I yelled at them once more, grabbing Thor's arm to pull him back before they began to brawl. "Who put me there? Who put me there?!" Thor wiggles from my grasp. "Thor!" He grabs hold of Loki and looms over him.

"You know damn well! You know damn well who!"

"Brother!" I yelled sternly as Thor raised his fist to punch Loki but stopped himself, pulling back. I breathed a sigh of relief, running a hand through my hair to smooth it out. "She wouldn't want us to fight."