ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 27 - ꜱʜɪᴇʟᴅ ᴠꜱ. ʜʏᴅʀᴀ

▬𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐃▬

 ───͙⊱••🌣••̩̩͙⊰•───

"Red seems to be your color, don't you agree?"

I stared at myself in the mirror, moving the cape behind me. They gave me a suit, it was black with a few red stripes, a red cape and the Asgardian symbol which they must have looked up in books of lore because it did not mean what they thought it meant.

My hair was loose in waves behind me, I wore dark red lipstick, and they gave me a mask. I just hope they know this mask isn't going to help hide my identity.

"Whatever you say Pierce." I muttered as I turned to face him and Bucky Barnes, according to Pierce he's going to be my partner in this mission.

"Barnes is going to make sure you get the mission done." Pierce informed me and Bucky stepped in line with me.

I snorted at what he had said and crossed my arms, "I don't need a babysitter."

Pierce shook his head, "I don't care if you've fought in a hundred wars. Barnes will watch over you because I said so and you will listen to me."

I bit back my tongue so I wouldn't say something that would land me in the gutter, even though he could never land me in the gutter. "Whatever you say."

Pierce nodded and walked back and forth in front of Bucky and I with hands behind his back.

"Your job is to make sure that Captain America and his team of rogues don't do anything to stop our plans."

Captain America, i.e., Steve Rogers. They showed me his picture, his file. And for some strange reason there was something familiar about him. I couldn't place it but it's like I somehow knew him.

The rest of his team, Kilorn King, Natasha Romanoff and Sam Wilson, also seemed familiar. It's almost like I have blanks in my memories, I don't even know where I come from.

Bucky nodded from beside me, mute, I honestly wonder if they ever even let him speak.

"Aurora?" Pierce asked, snapping me back to reality as he stepped in front of me.

"Yes?"

"Do you understand the plan?"

I do understand, but yet every cell in my body is saying this is wrong, that somehow, I'm not supposed to be here, much less with him. Every bone in my body wants to burn him to ashes.

I sucked in my breath and folded my hands in front of me as I looked Pierce in the eyes, "Yes."

───── ⋆⋅☀️⋅⋆ ─────

"Do you ever talk?" I questioned Barnes with my hands folded on the table. They threw us in a room while we awaited instructions.

"Not even a sentence?" I was bored of this waiting game; I hate waiting for instructions. Whatever my past is or was I'm guessing I wasn't too good at it then either.