Part 23

Allison's POV                  

I walk up to my front door and push the key to unlock it. I open the door and throw my black polished heels that I had been carrying in my hand on the floor, then I turn around to see Chase looking at me with a bright smile. He is super nice I can't lie. He treats me like a queen, chivalry is one of his best qualities. I feel really safe with him, comfortable like I could tell him anything and he would tell me it's all okay.

He takes a step closer making me smile and do the same. As our chest connected, his hands rest on my waist as mine are on his neck. He leans down and gently kisses my lips, then pulls away and switches sides. After a minute he pulls away as his eyes look at mine deeply.

Love, compassion, comfort, and security are all I saw in his light blue eyes. His smile told me he admires me, his hands told me they want me entirely. I couldn't help but fall at his charms. I had forgotten House whilst I spent time with Chase. He actually took interest in me. He asked me about my dreams and goals, about my past and future, about everything. He played full attention to me, never failed to give me butterflies with his kindness and compliments. This was our third date, and only this time did he kiss me.

 He respected me enough to give us time, he didn't even want to hug me on our first date. Maybe by the fourth, he would make love to me, but I couldn't wait for that. I craved House and his touch but I knew how wrong that is. All I had at hand was Chase and I'll give him a chance. I wanted to see what he could do to me, to show me how much he actually wants me.

My hand gripped his collar tightly before I took a step back pulling him with me. He didn't expect that but quickly followed along.

Tomorrow morning

I flutter my eyes open trying to adjust to the bright light that filled the room alongside my desperately annoying alarm blasting yet another morning. Next to me laid Chase on his stomach with his hands underneath his pillow, flexing his sexy back muscles so effortlessly. I reached my fingers towards his hair and began to stroke it gently, then moving down to his back, he turns his head towards me with a tired smile and sloppy gaze. We barely had any sleep last night so we were both still pretty exhausted. I smiled back at him before I lifted my head and got closer to him to place a gentle kiss on his cheek. I then stood up and walked over to my table to turn off the alarm. I heard Chase mumble thank god which made me giggle, then I went into my bathroom to take a shower and brush my teeth. I found an old oversized t-shirt and put it over my bare body and some undies before I made my way to the kitchen to make us some coffee. 

As I poured his cup of coffee I heard my shower go off, I smiled because I knew he finally got out of bed and will soon make his way downstairs. I felt my cheeks flush with redness as butterflies danced in my core from just that thought. 

I decided to make us a quick breakfast too since he is taking his time.

He drags his feet into the room wearing some gray sweatpants and nothing else. He walked over to me and gave me a tired look before he placed his lips on mine. 

Afterward, we drank coffee, ate, and enjoyed our time talking and laughing. With Chase, it's so different, so relaxed, and fun. When I did this with House, all I felt was tension (alongside other wonderful pleasurable feelings) but I never felt like I could talk to him so openly like I am with Chase. 

----------------------

We arrive at work together since he offered to take me, and we walked into the building together, then I look ahead and see House standing with Cuddy with some files in her hands. I am guessing she was giving him clinic patients for the day which he always refuses to do and even finds the most bizarre excuses or reasons not to oblige but in the end, he does. His gaze pierced mine as I read anger and suspicion in those ocean eyes. I lowered my gaze and tried to block out his indirect raging questions as if he had a reason to be mad at me after what he had done.