It Was Just A Bet / Twenty - Five

Start from the beginning

My own attention shifts to the champions and their partners. My eyes land on a girl with brown slick hair with a beautifully tailored periwinkle dress and I instantly recognize her as Hermione.

"It is her."

She looks so beautiful. She was the girl who I walked past when going into the hall? 

I waved at her when she spotted me which she waved back, smiling but when she saw Draco was my date, she looks at me with you-can-do-better-look to which I just shrug and smile. She was also Krum's date.

Lucky!

Everyone's clapping and cheering went absolute quiet when the champions and their dates dance place their positions. 

You say there's so much you don't know. You need to go and find yourself.

They dance first, opening the ball and then Neville and Ginny join.

You say you rather be alone 'cause you think you won't find it tied to someone else.

I poke Draco and said we should too join to which he hesitated for a moment but finally gave in and nodded.

Who said it's true, that the growing only happens on your own? 

We joined the dance swaying our bodies and moving our feet. I smile widely trying to hide my face in his neck as he grab my waist as we steadily dance to the song.

They don't know me and you.

My body tingles with the warmth of dancing and the feelings that I have whenever I dance. I love it so much whenever I have those.

I don't think you don't have leave if to change is what you need. 

You can change right next to me.

Couples after couples starts to join the dance as all of their faces in smiles, ear to ear and some red in the face. Memories of me doing the same whenever I think about the wizard who is now holding my waist tightly and dancing with me, flooding back into my thoughts.

When you're high, I'll take the lows. 

You can ebb and I can flow.

All his little quirks and habits that I notice whenever he talks to me made me smile like an idiot every time when I think about it. How he messes with his rings when he's nervous or trying hard to calm down. How he would stutters when he's trying his best to talk to me. How he tries to hide his smiles or grins by biting the inside of his cheeks or hiding his face by turning away. How gentle he is now holding my waist which is something I didn't even know he's capable of doing.

And we'll take it slow and grow as we go.

Grow as we go.

While we're dancing, his grey blue eyes lock with my brown eyes as everything around us slows down. I kept my eyes on his face while he also does the same. I can feel the butterflies in my whole body flutter everywhere inside me, making me feel weak but by the touch of his hands and the soft grip of his arm around my waist, I know I won't fall.

You won't be the only one. 

I am unfinished, I've got so much left to learn.

I don't know how this river runs but I'd like the company through every twist and turn.

We smile at each other softly before I lightly lay my head on his chest and keeps swaying our body slowly together. He lightly rest his chin on my head and I can feel my heart flutter again. I smiles softly to myself as my cheeks heat up.