Ch. 71

-March 14th, 2021-

-March 14th, 2021-

Today is the day. The day I get to marry my best friend. I am beyond nervous but Chelsea calmed me down a little. Everyone just finished getting dressed so I'm about to get in mine. Chelsea is my matron of honor, then Grace, Emily, Maddie, Jane, Shanna, and Carly as my bridesmaids. May is the flower girl and Miles is the ring barer.

May has gotten so big. She's almost two and looks exactly like me when I was that age. Her curly red hair is sometimes untamable but today it's working for me. She's all excited and looks absolutely adorable in her dress. We did a rehearsal yesterday and she literally ran to Chris. Yea she's a daddy's girl. Big time. She has him wrapped around her pinky but I absolutely love their relationship.

"Mama? Can I go see daddy?" She asks. See what I mean?

"Get mawmaw to walk you." She jumps down and goes over to Lisa, who grabs her hand before they leave.

"Hey it's time to get dressed." Chelsea says. I simply nod and walk over to my dress. "Everyone out!" They all leave and I unzip my dress, slipping into it. Chelsea zips me up and it's a tad too tight.

"Girl, have you been snacking too much?" She giggles as she finally gets the zipper up.

"Uh no... I'm kind of pregnant." I hear her gasp and suddenly she's in front of me.

"Seriously?! Oh my gosh how long?" She asks.

"Almost a month. Doctor told me Friday but I haven't seen Chris to tell him. I plan on tonight at our last private dance." I admit.

"Im so happy for you two! Ah I hope it's another girl. Emma and Claire need another girl cousin." I laugh and give her a hug.

"You and me both. Mayven needs a sister." We pull apart and she helps me put my heels on.

"You look beautiful. He's going to be crying like a baby." I giggle, knowing she's right. Now to put my jewelry on. I grab my blue sapphire necklace Chris gave me for our one year anniversary, my engagement ring, and a bracelet Hunter got me. My something old is my hair pin that mom got me, she wore it when she got married and my something borrowed are my earrings from Lisa that she wore when she got married. I spray my perfume and touch up my lipstick once I finish adding my jewelry.

"Ok... let's do this." Im doing a first look with my parents first then with Chris. I make my way out into the front courtyard and see my parents with their backs to me.

"Mom, dad." I say and they turn, both gasping.

"Oh honey... you look absolutely beautiful." Mom opens her arms and I hug her tightly.

"You're all grown up." Dad sniffles when I move to hug him.

"If you cry, then I'm going to cry and that won't be a good thing." He chuckles then cups my face with his hands.