Ch. 35

-Steph's POV-

I wasn't expecting my dad to be the pilot but it was a nice surprise. We couldn't visit but only a few minutes. I mentioned having lunch once we landed but he has to catch another flight to Maine. He'll be home on Friday and is going to cook come jambalaya on Saturday, when everyone is over. I'm so exited. He told me Leo is off for the entire week and is driving down on Friday. I haven't asked Chelsea when she and Matt will be down. Guess I should and see if she wants fo drive with us.

When we land, it's nearly midnight so I'm exhausted. We caught a late flight but it gave us more time with his mom so I didn't mind. Thankfully, Chelsea volunteered to pick us up so we won't have to take a taxi.

"You ok baby?" Chris looks down at me, a small smile on his face. I stole one of his sweatshirts, which swallows me but it smells good and is comfy.

"Just tired." He puts his arm around my shoulder and kisses the top of my head. We've gotten closer since Friday and it's becoming harder to not tell him I love him. It still feels too early. We grab our suitcases and walk out of the airport.

"Chels!" I yell when I see her. She smiles as I run to her and hug her.

"Hi Steph." She laughs as we hug. When we pull apart, I put my hand on her stomach.

"I know, I'm excited too. And hi Chris." She moves away and hugs him.

"Hey Chelsea. Congratulations, I'm happy for you both."

"Thank you." Chris loads our luggage and I jump in the back seat. When he gets in, I'm pulled to his side and his hand goes on my thigh.

"Thanks for picking us up. Why didn't my brother come?" I ask.

"Work." Of course, he's always working.

"Oh do you wanna ride to New Orleans with us? We're leaving tomorrow. Dad is cooking jambalaya Saturday." I ask.

"Uhh nah I'll just wait for Matt and we'll head down Friday." I simply nod and lay my head on Chris' shoulder. While he's extremely muscular, he's very comfy. I feel myself starting to fall asleep so I just give in.

-Chris' POV-

I look down at her and she's fast asleep. Honestly I'm not surprised, she falls asleep so quickly. I kiss her forehead and smile when she snuggles into me. A few minutes later, we're pulling into her driveway. I don't even bother waking her up, as it's pointless. She sleeps like a rock.

"Cmon, darlin." I pick her up and get out of the car. Thankfully, Chelsea has a key so she unlocks the door and turns the alarm off. Blue wakes up and bounds over to us.

"Hey girl." I whisper so I don't wake Steph up. I walk into her room and lay her down, then cover her up.

"I'll be right back." I kiss her forehead then quietly walk out, shutting the door behind me. Chelsea has already walked out to the get the luggage but I don't let her pick them up since they're heavy.

"I got them." I smile.

"Chris, just because I'm pregnant, doesn't mean I'm unable to pick things up. I'm not weak." She crosses her arms.

"I know that but I'm a gentlemen and I'd rather not be killed by your fiancé." She chuckles, shaking her head then closing the trunk. We walk back into the house and I push the luggage into Steph's room.

"Thank you for driving us." I say.

"Not a problem. I put the ultrasound picture on her fridge, she'll want it there anyways. I'll see y'all friday." She smiles.

"Uh, you can stay here. It's nearly one in the morning. Don't need you falling asleep on the road." I tell her. I know I've only met her twice but if it were Steph in her position, I'd want someone to do the same.

"I appreciate it but I'm 15 minutes down the road. I'll be fine." I nod, not wanting to push. We walk outside and I open her car door for her.

"Chris, let me ask you something... what's going to happy when you're done filming and go back to California?" Wow shes blunt.

"Um... I don't know. I'm not going to let her go and I plan to visit her as much as I get to. It'll be hard but I think we'll get through it."

"She told me you know what Chase did. I know you're a good guy, I can see that but... and I'm not saying you'll do this, but being away from each other will be hard. Things can happen." I'm shocked at what she's insinuating but I understand it at the same time.

"I have never cheated and I never will. I love her." She's shocked and frankly, so am I. I haven't admitted that to anyone, not even my mom but she knows. She always knows.

"Actions speak louder than words, but you already know that. Just know, it's not her brothers you'll have to worry about if she gets hurt. I may be pregnant but I'll still kick your ass." Honestly I believe it.

"I won't... drive safe Chelsea, we'll see you Friday." She nods and I shut her door, watching as she drives off. Once she's gone, I walk back in the house and set the alarm. Blue bounds up to me, screaming a little.

"Shhh you don't wanna wake your mom." I squat down and pet her. I honestly can't believe I admitted I love Steph out loud... I mean I'm not lying but it's kind of terrifying when you say it out loud. I stand and walk into her room, Blue following. Steph is still passed out. I quickly get out of my clothes and climb in next to her. She moans a little and snuggles against me, something she always does.

"Goodnight, baby." I kiss the top of her head and her grip tightens.

"G'night." She mumbles.