Ch. 38

-Chris' POV-

I don't even remember falling asleep but when I open my eyes, she's not there. Her side is still warm so she must've just gotten up. Ugh I don't like when she gets up before I'm awake, it makes me sad. She knows I like my morning kisses. Sighing, I get up and throw some clothes on before walking out.

"Morning Chris." I see Hunter walking out of his room.

"Morning Hunter. Uh do you know where Steph is?" I ask.

"Oh she and mom are in the kitchen." I nod and he follows me downstairs. When we walk in the kitchen, I see my girl sitting at the island and Leah putting some biscuits in the oven. I really hope her parents are comfortable with affection... I mean I'm not going to make out with Steph but I'd still like to be able to hug and kiss her. Screw it. I walk over to Steph and wrap my arms around her waist, resting my head on her shoulder.

"Morning baby." I kiss her cheek.

"Mm morning. You want some coffee?" She asks.

"Sure." I back up so she can stand, then take a seat at the island.

"Morning Leah." I smile when she turns around.

"Good morning Chris. How'd you sleep?" Steph walks back over to me and hands me some coffee. I pull her between my legs and she leans against me.

"Great, thank you." I sip my coffee with one hand and let my other go under the sweatshirt she's wearing, my thumb rubbing against her skin.

"I'm glad. Well the biscuits are almost done. Hunter, will you pick your dad up from the airport at 5?" She asks.

"Sure." He shrugs.

"Stevie, are you going to the girls' football game tonight?" Leah asks.

"Yea, I'm planning on it." She looks up at me. "If you're ok with it?" Not sure what football game she's talking about but I like football so I don't mind.

"Sure. Who's game are you talking about?" I ask.

"Carly is on the dance team and Penny is in the band at their high school. They have a game tonight." Leah explains. Ah she's talking about the twins.

"It starts at 7 right?" Steph asks.

"Yup. Chris will you be ok out in the open like that?" Leah asks, making smile that she cares.

"Uh yea I'll be fine. I have a hat and some sunglasses I usually wear when I'm out." I explain.

"Which doesn't work. You can easily tell who he is from a mile away." Steph says. I pinch her side, making her squeal then slap my leg.

"Shut up, it does work." I sass.

"I hate to break it to you baby, but it really doesn't." I pinch her side again and she jumps.

"Stop doing that you ass." She elbows me but it only makes me smile.

"Matt and Chelsea will be down tonight. I think Lane is coming for lunch with Natty but I'm not sure." Leah comments. We continue talking until the biscuits are done. Ooh I see where Steph gets her talent from, her mom is an amazing cook.

"Stevie, do you want to come with me to the store? I have to get everything for tomorrow." Steph looks over at me before answering. I give her a nod. She and her mom need to spend time together. I'll be fine here with Hunter. He's probably going to ask me thousands of questions, all which I'm prepared for.

"Sure. When do you want to leave?"

"Whenever we can we get dressed. Boys, do you mind cleaning up outside while we're gone?" Leah asks.

"Yea mom. Syd is coming over later too." Hunter states. I finish eating and Steph grabs my plate to put it in the sink. I'm definitely going to have to get use to southern hospitality.

"I'm going to get dressed mom." Steph beckons me to follow so we walk upstairs and go in her room.

"Are you ok staying here with Hunter? We shouldn't be gone more than an hour or two." She asks.

"Yea we'll be fine. Spend some time with your mom." I say, walking closer to her.

"Ok... I'll bring you back some ice cream." I smile and pull her close to me.

"Are you trying to make me fat? You know I have to keep these abs for filming."

"You've only had a taste of my cooking. Mom is a lot better. And with you staying here for a week, you'll need to hit the gym. I like your abs too much." Her hands go under my shirt and run up my stomach, making me shiver. Usually I would laugh at her, but now I just want to kiss her. I cup her face and lean down, kissing her. Every time we kiss, I get these butterflies and my heart skips a beat. Her hands go farther up my shirt so I just take it off then kiss her again. I grip her waist as she stands up on her toes so she go wrap her arms around my neck. Screw it. I pick her up and slam her against the nearest wall, making her gasp, which gives me the opportunity to slip my tongue in her mouth. Shit I haven't kissed her properly in a few days and I've missed it. She tugs on my hair, making me moan. Damn I love when she does that. Ugh there needs to be less clothing on. I squeeze her ass, eliciting a sweet moan from her, then walk us over to the bed and lay us down without breaking the kiss. This sweatshirt needs to go. I pull away and go to take it off but she stops me.

"Chris... we can't." She breathes. I groan, knowing she's right. Ive wanted her since Friday night but we never get the chance.

"I know... I'm sorry I got carried away." She grabs my face, making me look at her.

"Don't apologize, I'm not complaining. I like kissing you, we just can't go farther while we're here. I don't need my brothers hearing because then they'll embarrass me for the rest of my life."

"Why do I feel like there's a story behind that?" I ask.

"Lane... he invited Maddie over one day while we were all gone. Well we came back early and heard so they don't let him live it down." I laugh loudly. Scott would do the same thing.

"Scott would do the same thing. Also, I don't need them hearing you scream my name. I don't think that would sit very well with them." I smirk when I see the blush on her cheeks.

"No it wouldn't. Now let me up so I can get dressed." I pout and kiss her again before rolling off her. She gets up and starts digging in her suit case, pulling out some clothes and other things. I watch as she walks into the bathroom, shutting the door behind her. I do wonder why she's not comfortable changing in front of me... but I also don't want to push her.

When she walks out a few minutes later, I can't help but stare at her. She's beautiful and I don't think I tell her that enough.

"You're beautiful." I say and smile when she blushes.

"I'm in jeans and a t-shirt." She scoffs.

"And? You're still beautiful." She rolls her eyes and slips some shoes on before walking back over to me.

"Whatever you say, Captain. Behave yourself and I'm sorry for Hunter in advance. He's going to ask a lot of questions." She sighs. I secretly love when she calls me Captain.

"It's ok, I'm prepared for it." She smiles and kisses me. I sigh in content, seriously loving the feel of her lips on mine. She always tastes like strawberries and it's become my new favorite flavor.

"I'll be back later." I pout when she pulls away.

"Put a shirt on." I get up and decide to walk down with her, secretly looking at her ass as we walk down the stairs.

"Alright, Hunter knows what y'all need to do. Thank you Chris, we'll be back later." Leah says.

"It's no problem. You two have fun." I kiss Steph quickly before they walk out. Now to deal with Hunter. Honestly, he seems like a cool dude and I actually want him to like me. I plan for Steph to be in my life a long time so I need them all to like me.

"Come on, Chris! We've got a lot to do!" He yells.