Ch. 37

So we're about 5 minutes out from my house. Chris is driving and I'm giving directions. Blue is also helping and is getting antsy since our last stop was an hour ago. I'm ready to be home. It's nearly 9 and we've been on the road since noon. I'm also exhausted. Driving takes a lot out of you.

"Wow... this neighborhood is amazing." He comments as he looks around.

"It's a little much but you get used to it. It's the house at the end on the right." He nods and we soon pull in.

"Wow." He gasps at my house. Yea... it's pretty big.

"Cmon." I laugh and step out.

"Stevie!" I hear Hunter yell.

"Hunter!" I run and hug him tight. I've missed him so much. When he puts me down, I wipe my face of the fallen tears.

"I've missed you, bubba." I sniffle.

"I've missed you too sis." He wipes my face and then I remember my boyfriend watching us.

"Uh Hunter, this is Chris. Chris, this is my twin." I introduce the two.

"Nice to meet you man. This one never shuts up about you." I roll my eyes as the two shake hands.

"Nice to meet you too. Thanks for letting me stay." I swear he's too polite sometimes.

"She would've killed me if we didn't. And it's my parents' house, I just wanted to be here when y'all got home. Cmon, mom is excited, like too excited." I shake my head and the two get our suitcases from the trunk. I immediately run inside and smell cookies. She's always baking. As I walk into the kitchen, I notice her taking some cookies out of the oven.

"Hi mama!" She turns around and smiles.

"Hi my baby." I run and hug her, crying because I'm so happy and I've missed her so much. She and I have always been close, closer than me and Hunter. She was also the only girl I could ever talk to. Having period conversations with your male twin is not the move.

"Oh i can't believe you're here. Where's Chris? He did come right?" I giggle.

"Yes, he and Hunter are outside I think." I hear the door shut and the two laughing as they walk towards us.

"I'll put these in your room sissy!" Hunter calls.

"Thank you!" I look at my boyfriend. "What did he tell you?" Chris has this sparkle in his eyes. Ugh I love his eyes.

"You liked to make booby traps as a kid... and got caught in one?" I blush as he laughs. Yea I was a weird kid.

"Shut up. Mom this is Chris. Chris, my mom."

"Nice to meet you Mrs St James." He goes to shake her hand but she slaps it away and hugs him.

"Call me Leah." He chuckles and hugs her back. He's fitting in so far which means a lot to me. Also they like him right off the bat! It took them a while to warm up to Chase so I was nervous it would be the same with Chris.

"It's so nice to meet you! Are you guys hungry? I made some cookies but I can fix something else if y'all want?" She asks.

"We're fine mom. Did Hunter let Blue out?" I ask Chris.

"Yea I think she's in the back." I nod and he absentmindedly pulls me to him.

"Mom why are you making cookies at 9:30 at night?" I ask.

"So I could stay up waiting on you two." I smile. She's such an old lady, always in bed by 8:30 and asleep by 9. It's way passed her bedtime.

"Well we're here. Go to bed and we'll spend all day together tomorrow."