Ch. 9

I woke up around 7, when Blue needed to go out. After I let her out, I immediately fell back asleep until 10, when Grace woke me up to go for a run. I'll admit, I needed it. It felt really good to release some energy and the weather felt amazing. Fall is starting so I can bring out my sweaters!

Chris texted me when he woke up, which of course made me smile. He was exhausted but it was nice getting a good morning text. He even asked if that was too much but it definitely wasn't. God he makes me smile and laugh so much, it hurts afterward.

Everyone was awake by the time Grace, Blue, and I got back. Now they're cleaning as I cook. The beans are in the crockpot and I'm working on the greens, cornbread, and plain cake. The sweet tea is steeping. I'm excited. Matt is coming around 3, I haven't seen him in a few weeks. Grace's boyfriend is coming whenever, honestly I don't know.

"Steph! Where's the swiffer?" Grace yells.

"Laundry room!" I yell back. There's a knock at the door, then it opens.

"Baby sis?! Where ya at?" I look at the microwave clock, seeing if he's early but it's only by an hour.

"Matty!" I yell and hug him.

"How've you been? Ooh is that moms recipe?" He asks, taking a bite and smiling.

"Good, busy! What about you? I feel like I only see Chelsea and never you. And of course!" I smile.

"Busy. Being a doctor doesn't give you time for breaks." He works in the ER so he never gets time off.

"Hey baby." Chelsea smiles and kisses him.

"Hey my love. Did you girls have a good night?" He asks as he hugs everyone else.

"We did. Stephanie here, has a new boyfriend!" Shit... Matt gives me a look that I only understand. He's mad, worried, and slightly happy.

"Chels, watch the food." I drag Matt off before he can explode.

"Look before you say anything, we aren't together. We just met two days ago." He kind of relaxes but I know he's still on edge.

"Who is he?"

"Chris Evans. Mackie knows him, that's how we met. We've only been texting and he brought me lunch yesterday. He knows about Chase and that I'm wanting to go slow. Don't freak out please." I sigh.

"I'm just shocked you gave a guy the time of day... you haven't done that since Chase. Why is he different?" Matt is the most level headed out of all of my siblings. Kaleb and Lane are quick to anger while Hunter is just way too over protective.

"I don't know... I genuinely don't. He makes me laugh and smile and he's so easy to talk to. He's coming this afternoon, with Mackie and Sebastian Stan." He sighs, nodding.

"And he knows you're a big fan so he's bringing you a souvenir. Just don't kill him. Get to know him like I am." I say.

"Alright... but if he hurts you, I won't be afraid to kick Captain America's ass." I laugh as he hugs me.

"It's good to see you happy... I haven't seen it in a long time." He smiles, kissing the top of my head.

"It's weird. He's nothing like Chase from what I've gathered. He's letting me set the pace of whatever this is and he's not pressuring me into anything."

"Mm I like him already." We walk back into the kitchen and everyone is staring at us.

"You two good?" Chelsea asks.

"We're fine. Did you burn the food?" She scoffs. Chels isn't that great of a cook... she could burn water if she tried to.

"No. The cake is done so I took it out and I even stirred the beans."

"I'm proud." I laugh as I flip the pound cake over onto another pan. The 6 of us continue talking and drinking while I finish cooking. I have to keep Matt from eating the fruit that I had Grace cut earlier. He's like a child I swear. As I take the cornbread out, I hear the door open.

"Honey I'm home!" Mackie calls.

"Mackie!" Matt yells, running to the door. They're early too but I don't mind. I pray my brother doesn't freak out when he sees Chris and Sebastian. Knowing him, he would. But I don't hear anything so I guess that's a good thing. I drain the rice and just leave it in the bowl in the sink.

"Matt! Don't talk them to death!" Chelsea yells. That boy will talk your ear off if you let him.

"I texted you." I jump when someone whispers in my ear. A shiver runs down my spine as I feel his breath against my neck.

"I've been a little busy." He's super close but not touching me.

"I can tell. It looks good." He kisses my cheek, making me blush then turn around. He takes a small step back, allowing me to breathe.

"You gonna introduce me?" I nod towards Sebastian, who's staring us down. He turns around and shakes his head.

"Seb, this is Stephanie St James. Steph, Sebastian Stan." I smile and shake his hand.

"Nice to meet you. He hasn't shut up about you since yesterday but I can see why. You're beautiful." I laugh. Another flirt, lovely.

"Nice to meet you too. You're not so bad yourself." He winks, making me roll my eyes.

"Alright I'm just going to do a mass introduction. It's much easier. This is Matt, one of my brothers. This is Grace, Chelsea, Emily, you all know Hayley. Easy enough?" I can feel Chris lingering right behind me, his body heat radiating onto my back.

"Is the food ready?" Anthony asks, making me rolls my eyes again.

"No. There's beer in the fridge and football on in the living room. Go crazy." He and Matt literally run to the fridge, fighting for a beer before running off.

"Children, I swear." I turn around and smack into Chris.

"Hi." He smirks, looking down at me.

"Hi. You don't want to go watch football?" He shakes his head, stepping back from me so I can move to the crockpot.

"Steph! Is that your moms recipe?" Anthony yells.

"Yea, why?" I ask.

"May be a little hot for the Yankees!" I laugh, knowing he's probably right.

"Who you callin Yankee, you hick?!" Seb yells.

"Can I try?" Chris asks.

"I toned it down because only 4 of us are used to my mothers cooking." I get a small spoon full and raising it up for him.

"Mm this is- shit thats hot!" I laugh as he starts fanning his tongue.

"It's still too hot!" I yell, hearing Anthony and Matt laugh. I grab the milk out of the fridge and hand it to him. He chugs it, which makes me laugh even harder.

"Oh come on, it can't be that bad." Seb takes a bite and soon he's chugging the milk.

"You two are big babies! I've had her food before and it is not hot." Hayley quips.

"I toned it down for you too Hayley. Do I need to make chicken nuggies for the babies?"

"We are not babies. Your food is just really spicy." Chris pouts.

"Speak for yourself, I'll take some chicken nuggies." Seb says, making me laugh.