Ch. 58

-Steph's POV-

Chris called the next morning and got an appointment on Wednesday. Now we're planning to tell the grandparents and everyone else. We're telling mine first and I'm nervous, even though I know they'll be excited.

'Hi mom.' I smile when I see her and my dad pop up on FaceTime.

'Hi guys! How are y'all doing? Chris, I thought you were supposed to be in New York?' My mom asks.

'Um yes mam, but I came down to see Steph.' He says.

'Mom, dad... um I'm pregnant.' Silence. Moms jaw is open and dad has a huge smile on his face.

'OH MY GOD SERIOUSLY?! How far along are you? What are you having? Chris, did you propose yet?!' My mom starts firing questions at us and I grab Chris' hand, suddenly overwhelmed.

'Leah, we just found out last night and made an appointment this morning. We don't know anything, other than we're having a baby.' Chris explains and I silently thank him. My mom continues going on and on, seriously irritating me with the amount of questions she's asking. I squeeze Chris' hand and he squeeze back.

'Mom... please stop with all the questions. We don't know. We have to go tell the others. Love y'all.' I hang up before she can speak. Chris wraps his arm around me and pulls me to his chest.

"I'm sorry baby... are you ok?" He asks, kissing my nose.

"I'm overwhelmed." I sniffle. Damn hormones! I seriously hope it's not this bad the entire time.

"Sssshh it's ok." He hugs me tighter and I break. Fuck this is so much.

"How does a nice bubble bath sound?" I sniffle again and nod. That sounds nice. He picks me up and walks us to the bathroom. He sets me down on the counter then starts running the water.

"I can call my family while you relax. I'll even text your brothers and friends if you want?" He asks. I love this man so much.

"Please... I can't handle the questions and or the disappointment." He frowns as I say that.

"No one is going to be disappointed, baby." He kisses me softly and I relax. "Let's get you changed." I nod and he starts undressing me. Once I completely naked, he wraps me in a towel then puts some bubbles in the bath.

"Alright, it's all ready." He says.

"Join me?" I ask.

"Let me call everyone else and I will once I'm done." I pout but accept. I go to jump down from the counter but he stops me.

"I'll put you in." I chuckle and roll my eyes.

"I'm not broken Christopher." He smiles and takes the towel off before picking me up.

"Let me pamper you." He sets me in the warm water and I sigh in content. "I'll be back in a minute." He kisses me once more before walking off. I lean back and try to relax but my mind is still racing.

We're going to have to move. My house isn't small but two rooms isn't enough. I don't want to move to Cali nor Boston because that's way too far. Staying in Georgia would be the best option but I don't know what Chris thinks. He wants to be close to his family and I want to be close to mine. Ugh I wish we were from the same state.

Next is marriage. I don't even know if we should get married while I'm pregnant, it just feels too rushed. This whole thing is rushed. I'm fine with being engaged but I want to wait, maybe until the baby is older. Chris has said he'd retire but I don't want to make him do that. He loves acting too much. I can't ask him to do that.

"Baby? Um your friends want to talk to you." He walks in, showing the phone.

"Give it here." I genuinely don't care if they see me naked.

'STEPHANIE MARIE ST JAMES!! AHHH IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!' I laugh as Grace yells at me.

'If you have a girl can you name her Hayley?'

"Fuck off Atwell!" Chris playfully yells.

'No she's naming her Emily.' I roll my eyes as they all go back and forth. I look up at Chris, who has a small smile on his face. His phone starts ringing.

"Mackie." He says and answers. I can hear Anthony blowing Chris' ear off.

'SHE'S PREGNANT?! DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW CONDOMS WORK?!' I laugh at his rambling.

"Give me the phone." I lay mine down as Chris hands me his.

'Anthony, shut up. While it's early, both of us wanted this. He's going to be a great dad and you know that. I will send you a copy of the ultrasound.' He groans.

'I'm happy for ya kid but I'm still slapping him when I see him.' I roll my eyes.

'Love you to Mackie. Goodbye.'

'Bye kid.' I hang up and give the phone back to Chris then grab my phone.

"Y'all done?" I ask.

'Sorry, sorry! We're happy for you babe! Send us a copy of the ultrasound!' Hayley says.

"We will. We both want a girl." I admit, looking up at Chris who winks at me.

'Ooh yes! I can't wait to spoil her and Emma.' I chuckle and shake my head.

"Ok I love you all but I'm in the bathe. Goodbye." They all shout goodbye and I hang up, shutting my phone completely off.

"You gonna stand there or join me?" I ask when I look up at Chris. He smirks and starts undressing then motions for me to sit up. He sits behind me and I lean against him. One of his hands rests on my stomach, making me smile.

"What'd your family say?" I ask as I lean my head back on his shoulder.

"Oh mom was ecstatic, even started crying a little. Carly, Shanna, and Scott were all happy too. And Scott says he misses you." I laugh.

"I miss my favorite Evans too." He gasps, which only makes me laugh harder.

"Fuck you!"

"You have, many many times. Even got me pregnant. Which I hope you're prepared to deal with hormones." He smiles and grabs my chin so I'm looking up at him. Man I love those blue eyes...

"I will happily wait on you, hand and foot." He kisses me, making me smile.

"Good and you're not just serving me... you're serving our little girl." His smile grows and I can see how much he loves them already.

"I pray they are a girl."