Ch. 20

He's coming back tomorrow! I'm genuinely so excited, I can't focus at all today. We've talked everyday since he left and he's really proven that he's different from my ex. Chris wouldn't hurt a fly. He was so pissed off when I told him what happened with Daisy and honestly, it meant a lot. He's gentle and caring and damn I'm falling for him hard. I can't admit I love him... it's way too soon for that. We haven't even been on a date but I feel closer to him, even though he's been gone. This month has been good for us and I know I want him. Mom was right... you'll find a good one when you're not looking and I think I found him.

"Steph, can you come see?" I hear Bailey yell. I have three people on my team. Bailey, Taylor, and Maddie. Each of them design one or two outfits for each collection.

"What's up?" I walk out of my office and into hers.

"I'm having trouble thinking of a color for this dress. It's like I can't think." She groans.

"Mmm I think black would go well. It looks like a sleek, sexy formal dress. Also, I'd do this. May I?" She hands me her pencil and I fix the neckline to a deep v neck. Then I grab a black pencil and start shading it in.

"Oh I love it. What fabric do you think would work?"

"Maybe satin?"

"Yes! I love it. Thank you." I smile.

"Of course. Let me see your other design." She pulls out a yellow, ball gown.

"Oh I love it. Great job!"

"Well I have a great teacher." I chuckle then start going back to my office. When I open the door, a man is standing by the glass wall, looking out into the city.

"Chris?" I ask as I shut the door. He turns around and smiles. He's not supposed to be here until tomorrow!

"Hey baby." I literally run to him and hug him. He captures me in his strong arms and lifts me up, burying his face in my neck.

"Ive missed you." He sighs in relief. I sniffle and hug him tighter, if that's even possible.

"I've missed you." He sets me down but still keeps me close.

"You aren't supposed to be here until tomorrow, what happened?"

"I didn't have to film today so I caught a flight early this morning and wanted to surprise you." He admits. I smile and put my arms around his waist.

"I have a surprise for you too. I took off for about a week, starting Wednesday, and I figured it's time to try  out your moms omelets." He's shocked, I can tell.

"Really? You want to meet them?" He asks.

"If you're ok with that." I say. He nods excitedly.

"Yes! Moms going to be so excited. My siblings have also been bugging me to bring you home. Apparently I don't shut up about you." I laugh.

"Oh I believe it. I don't shut up about you either. Hayley knows more about you than she cares to admit." He chuckles. I lean up and kiss up, seriously missing the feel of his lips. His hands go down to my ass and squeeze before moving to the back of my thighs and lifting me up. I gasp and wrap my legs around his waist. He starts walking then sits on the couch. My fingers tangle in his hair as our tongues fight. His hands bunch up my skirt and glide up my thighs. When his fingers start going higher, I stop him.

"Wait..." He stops, looking up at me with concern.

"I want too... I do... but I-I..."

"Hey, it's ok. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. I don't ever want you to be uncomfortable." He says.

"No it's ok. I'm just scared." I admit.

"I know baby... but I'm never going to hurt you. We can slow down. I'm sorry I just got a little carried away. I missed kissing you." He kisses me softly, calming me down.

"I missed kissing you too." He smiles, kissing my nose.

"Anyway we can get out of here early? Blue was upset that I left her." I laugh. I can see her screaming at him.

"How did you even get in? Last time I checked, you don't have a key." I smile.

"Anthony told me where you hide the spare." He blushes.

"Mm ok then. Well... why don't you just keep it?" He smiles.

"Yea? You sure?"

"Mhm. Just in case Blue needs you. She's pretty needy." He laughs loudly.

"Mm so just for Blue? No other reason?" He smirks.

"None that I can think of." He scoffs.

"You little shit." He starts tickling me, making me squeal.

"S-stop!" I laugh. He finally does so I can catch my breath.

"You're an ass." He smirks.

"But I'm your ass." I smile, rolling my eyes.

"Come on. I need to go grocery shopping." I stand up and pull him with me.

"Ooh I get to cook for you tonight." I laugh.

"You do."

"And what does my girl want?" My heart flutters at the name.

"Mm make whatever you want." I tell him as I grab my purse. He puts his hat and sunglasses on as we walk out of my office and to my car. I'm so happy he's back.