Ch. 66

This child is already spoiled rotten and she hasn't even been born yet. The Downey's got her an iron man onesie plus other clothes and some hair bows. Mackie got her a swing set and some booties. Seb, Scott and his boyfriend got her a crap ton of clothes. My parents got diapers, baby bottles, binkies, a baby bag, and this cute pearl bracelet. His parents got her two strollers, two car seats, and a baby bag with her initials. Chelsea and Matt got us some baby formula. My friends got her some clothes with her initials embroidered on them. His sisters tag teamed and got a bassinet to put in our room. Lane and Maddie got her a Captain America onesie. Chris was super excited about that. He's adamant on her wearing it home from the hospital. My two oldest brothers (well mainly Jane) got her this cute little locket.

Yea. It was a lot.

Chris is still putting things away while I am laying down. My feet are killing me and I honestly just want to put one of his shirts on but I am struggling to get these damn pants off.

"Chris!" I yell.

"What's wrong?!" He comes running in our room.

"I can't get my pants off." I pout and he sighs in relief but then chuckles.

"Come here." He helps me stand then squats down and pulls my leggings down, helping me step out of them.

"Can I have one of your shirts?" I ask.

"Yes baby, you can." He helps me take my shirt off then throws the clothes in the dirty clothes basket before walking to his closet and getting a shirt.

"Arms up." I do as I'm told and he helps me put the shirt on. "Now, get in bed and take a nap." He kisses my nose.

"Come nap with me." I say and he sighs before smirking.

"I can never say no to you." I smile and kiss him before getting in bed. He goes to shut the door then changes out of his clothes before climbing in next to me. I'm able to turn on my side to face him and of course, she starts kicking.

"Mm she's kicking." I groan and his hand immediately goes on my stomach. He loves it so I never mind.

"Hey baby girl. It's daddy." He moves down so his face is by my stomach. "Your uncle Robert got you this iron man onesie but I don't think I'm going to let you wear it. Uncle Lane got you a Captain America onesie and even though mommy says no, you're wearing it home from the hospital." I laugh loudly and flick him in the head.

"What? She is!" He huffs and I shake my head as I thread my fingers through his hair. He loves talking to her. He's told her all about Captain America but she's not allowed to watch the movies until she's older. She's not allowed to watch any of his movies for a while. He also talks to her about not kicking me, since it hurts but she doesn't listen to that.

"She's going to be a mini Captain America. We just need to find a smaller shield." He gasps. "Oh my God! Halloween costume!" I laugh.

"You are not dressing our child up as Captain America for her first Halloween." He pouts and it's the cutest thing ever.

"Sssh don't tell mommy but we'll have matching shields." He whispers to my stomach. This man is such a child I swear.

"I really hope she has your red hair." He admits.

"Why?" I chuckle.

"Cause I love it. Big blue eyes and a mop of red hair? Beautiful." I simply shake my head and he kisses my stomach.

"I found it funny baby Natty was all over you earlier." He laughs.

"I'm a babe magnet, what can I say?" I slap the back of his head. "I love you." He cheekily smiles and I roll my eyes. There's a slight bang on the door and we give each other a confused look before he gets up and goes to open the door.

"And what are you doing here?" He bends down and picks something up. "We have a visitor." He turns and I see my niece.

"Seriously? You were all over him all day and you had to interrupt my time." He laughs then kisses Nat's cheek. Lane suddenly appears in the doorway, out of breath.

"You little shit, I've been looking for you everywhere." Chris and I laugh. Nat clings onto Chris, silently begging her dad not to take her.

"Mine." She mumbles. Now that is the cutest thing ever.

"I'm sorry, I can take her if you want." He says.

"Nah she's fine. We were just about to take a nap." Chris says.

"Well it's her nap time. Makes sense why she came up here." I giggle and shake my head.

"You and Maddie go relax. We got her." I say.

"Ok, thank you both." He walks off and Chris shuts the door, walking back over to me and laying Nat on the bed. She crawls over to me and taps my stomach.

"That's your cousin." She lays her head down, her blue eyes wide.

"Kick!" She exclaims, making both of us laugh.

"Yea, she's kicking. Can you say 'hi May'?"

"Hi May." She smushes her face against my stomach, almost like she's giving her a kiss. That's so cute. "Nap." She says and falls down on her butt, making me chuckle. She's so cute. She crawls up to Chris and lays against his side. He puts his arm around her and her little hand rests on his stomach.

"See? Babe magnet." I roll my eyes and comb my fingers through her curly blonde hair. I can't wait for this to be Mayven.

——————

So we're at the hospital. My water broke at about 10pm and it's now midnight. Yea she's a little early but only 2 weeks and my doctor said that's not a big deal. Chelsea was right, this is definitely painful. My mom and Chris are in the room with me and everyone else is in the waiting room. I can tell the nurses are starting to get annoyed since there's so many of them but oh well.

I've been pushing for an hour but May is being stubborn. Yea I'm not happy about it. And poor Chris is taking the beating. I've probably screamed, cursed, and glared at him so much but he's taking it really well.

"No Chris, I don't want the damn ice chips." I snap and groan as another contraction hits me. He grabs my hand and I squeeze it hard.

"You're doing great baby." He sighs.

"Shut up." The door opens, catching my attention.

"Alright! Time to push again!" Why is she so happy?

"Grandma, I need you on this side. Dad, you stay right there and get ready. Ok, on three. 1...2...3, push!"

———

Two hours later, she's finally here. Dr Kelsey let's Chris cut the umbilical cord. He's definitely crying right now. He brings her over to me and now I'm crying.

"She's beautiful. You did so great." He says as he lays her on my chest then kisses my forehead.

"Hi beautiful." I whisper to her. She coos and I kiss her forehead.

"Great job, mom. She's beautiful. We'll take her to get cleaned up and see how much she weighs, things like that." I simply nod and hand her to a nurse.

"How ya doin, baby?" Chris leans down, wiping my forehead that's drenched in sweat.

"I'm ok. Happy. I'm sorry for how I treated you."

"It's ok, I know you didn't mean any of it. I probably would've been acting the same if I had to push out a tiny human." I laugh loudly. He always knows how to cheer me up.

"I love you so much." I giggle.

"I love you too my girl."