34. The Killer and The Witch

Aspen sat on Tony's desk. She stared down at her lap until Tony finally spoke. "It's not your fault", he said. Aspen looked at him.

"It doesn't change the fact that I still did it. I killed my own mother", Aspen said.

"Here", Tony said, giving Aspen a bag of blueberries. "Look, I'm not good at pep talks so bear with me". Aspen looked at him while eating the blueberries. "Whatever happened, you can't blame yourself. You were a baby and you had no control over your powers. 9 months previously, you were an egg".

Aspen frowned in confusion. "Is that how that works?" She asked.

"I don't know. Anyways, my point is you were only a baby. You were new to this world. And though I don't like the idea of murder, I'm not mad at you and I'm certainly not judging you", Tony said.

"So you don't think that I'm a bad person?" Aspen asked. Tony shook his head. "Thank you, Tony".

--

After putting Revera to bed, Wanda and Yelena sat at the kitchen table.

"Well, a lot of shit just went on today", Yelena said. Wanda nodded. She showed an amused smile.

"Yeah. I hope Aspen's okay. She's been through a lot", Wanda said.

Yelena nodded. "I swear, if Gatlin touches Aspen or Rev or that baby, I will kill him", Yelena said.

Wanda sighed. "You'll have to get in line", she said, pouring beer into two cups.

"You remind me so much of myself. You cool kids aren't so bad. I see why Natasha wanted to tag along with you all", Yelena said.

"Well, we wouldn't mind if you tagged along with us", Wanda said.

"I guess it's not so bad here", Yelena said. Wanda gave Yelena a cup of beer.

"There's one thing I just don't get. It seems like Gatlin keeps changing his mind about what he wants. Does he want Aspen alive or does he want her dead?" Wanda asked.

Yelena shrugs her shoulders. She drinks out of cup. "All I know is if he hurts Aspen or Revera or the baby, I will murder him in the most painful way possible".

"You care about Rev?" Wanda asked.

"I do. I've also grown to care about that child".

Wanda pours more liquid into her cup. "I can hear it now. 'Aunt Yelena'. It has a nice ring to it", Wanda said. "If things go badly, do you think we're going to have to turn to Cal for help?"

"I hope not. I might actually strangle him".

Natasha walked into the room. "Nice to see you two getting along", she said.

"Wanda Maximoff and I understand each other. We are now friends and drinking buddies", Yelena said.

"How is Aspen?" Wanda asked.

"Heartbroken. She already believes she's a monster. She's going through a lot, especially with what happened with Cal", Natasha said. "Tony was able to cheer her up".

"Tony cheering someone up? That's shocking", Wanda said.

"It's didn't last for long. Her eyes are still in sad mode", Natasha said. She sat down next to Yelena. "We need to do something".

"I have an idea", Wanda said. Yelena and Natasha looked at her. "Tell Aspen, Shuri and Rev to be in the kitchen and ready for the day at 11. I think it's time we have a girl's day".