12. Mission: Project EHA's plans

Aspen and her new friend, Peter Parker, baked a cake in the kitchen. Wanda walked into the room.

"Aspen, Peter, we have to meet everyone in the conference room. We have a mission", Wanda said.

Aspen and Peter followed Wanda. They met everyone in the conference room. Including Nick Fury.

Aspen sat next to Steve and Thor. "We have intel that a woman named Sandra Pierce is meeting up with an agent of HYDRA about Project EHA",Fury said.

"So they're still going after those kids",Natasha said.

"I'm afraid so", Fury said.

"Who is this agent she's meeting up with? Do you know?" Steve asked.

"His name is Gatlin Einhar", Fury said. "You may know him as Aspen's dad".

Aspen looked down, averting everyone's gaze. "Are you sure you want to do this?" Steve asked.

"Yeah", Aspen said, but she wasn't really sure.

"Romanoff will go in undercover as Miss Pierce to find out all you can about Project EHA. Aspen, Parker and Mr. Ardyh will follow Pierce's assistant, Garrett Davis to the new EHA headquarters. To get whatever intel they can find. Any questions?" Fury asked.

"I have one. Why don't you call Aspen by her last name like the rest of us?" Tony asked.

"She doesn't have one", Fury says.

"Yeah, she does. It's Rogers. Steve is going to adopt her", Clint said. Aspen and Steve looks at each other. Steve looks at Fury. "I never said I was going to adopt Aspen", Steve said.

"Well, I don't think she wants us to call her Aspen Einhar", Pietro said.

"Then, her last name is Damaris, right?" Tony asked.

"We'll let Aspen decide later", Fury said.

"One eye, do you really like Purple Lightning better than me?" Tony asked.

"That's not even my superhero name. We decided it's Solstice", Aspen said.

"Who's 'we'?" Tony questioned.

"Me and Loki", Aspen said.

"And honestly, yes, I do like Aspen better than you, Stark. She's my favorite out of all of you", Fury says.

"I thought I was your favorite", Natasha said.

"You're after Aspen", Fury said.

"Okay. I can handle second place", Natasha said.

"Can we get back to the mission?" Aspen asked, changing the subject. Everyone nodded.

"What kind of intel are we looking for?" Cal asked.

"Try figuring out who they plan on using for the Project. It should be on Garrett's computer. Send it to Dr. Banner", Fury says.

"I think someone should go with the kids",Steve said.

"Well, You, Stark and the Maximoffs need to stand by and listen through comms in case a fight begins", Fury said.

"I think we could handle it by ourselves", Cal said.

"Yeah, me too", Aspen said.

"Their help with the mission from last year went well. I think they can handle it", Fury says.

"Fury, they're kids", Steve says.

"Rogers, I think they can handle it. They'll have S.H.I.E.L.D agents to accompany them in case anything goes wrong", Fury said.