7. You're a father now

Aspen walked into the kitchen with a feeling of Morning sickness. The Avengers looked at her messy hair. Her eyes were a turquoise color.

"Bad night?" Sam asked.

"Worst night", Aspen said.

"I'll make you a cream cheese bagel",Tony said.

"Thanks", Aspen said. "I woke up drenched in sweat".

"Can you not talk about that while I enjoy a decent earthly meal?" Loki asked. Aspen rolled her eyes. She sneezed. The toaster catches on fire.

"Shit!"

"Language!"

"Shut up!"

Natasha puts out the fire. Everyone sighed in relief. "Are you alright, Aspen?" Loki asked. Aspen shook her head.

"I thought it was morning sickness", Aspen said.

Loki went to feel Aspen's head. "She's burning up", he says. "This is far worse than Morning sickness".

"Aspen, why don't you get to bed. I'll bring your food to your room", Steve said.

Aspen nodded. "Okay", She says. Her voice was quiet, almost to a whisper. Aspen tumbled before she could make it out of the room. "Aspen!" Steve shouted. Loki caught her before she hit the ground.

"Aspen! Aspen, wake up!" Loki shouted.

"Get her to the lab", Tony demanded. Loki carried Aspen to Tony and Bruce's lab.

Aspen was laid onto a table. Tony ran to his computer and Bruce checks Aspen's temperature.

"What's wrong with her, Tony?" Steve asked. Tony doesn't answer. He looks up from his computer. "Stark!"

Tony walked towards Aspen. "Give me a knife", he said. Loki gives his dagger to Tony. Tony makes a cut in Aspen's side. Purple blood spilled out of her body.

"What the hell is that?" Natasha asked.

"Poison. A gift from HYDRA, I presume", Tony said. "Do you think Aspen's father cares that his co-workers are trying to murder his daughter?"

"Tony", Steve said. He looks at Aspen, who was starting to wake up.

"I can slow down the venom, but in order to get it out of her, I need two ingredients. They're all in the hands of someone from HYDRA", Tony said.

"Who, Tony?" Steve asked.

"A scientist, maybe. I don't know, Steve. But I don't know what sort of poison this is. HYDRA does", Tony said.

"Alright, I'll raid the place, grab the things you need and then I'll kill the scientist who did this", Loki said.

"No. You're staying here. We need someone to watch over Aspen", Steve said.

"Me and Clint will start up the Quinjet", Natasha says before she walked out of the room.

"Steve...", Aspen says softly.

"I'm here, Aspen", Steve said.

"I was poisoned?" Aspen asked. Steve nodded. "I'm not safe. Everywhere I go, someone's trying to kill me".

"It's going to be okay, Aspen. I'll find a way to make things right", Steve said. He walked out of the room.

Loki stood beside Aspen. "You're going to be alright, Aspen", Loki says. Aspen shook her head.

"Everyone wants to kill me. I'm never going to be okay", Aspen said. Loki held her hand. Her eyes changed to the blue with purple tint color.

"Whomever did this to you, I will make them suffer", Loki said.