6. In Danger

3 months later

Aspen was in the training room with Natasha. Steve and Tony watched as they fought each other.

"I think that's enough for today", Natasha said.

Aspen walked towards Steve and Tony. "What do you think?" She asked. "Do I have what it takes to be an Avenger?"

Tony nodded his head as Steve shook his head. They looked at each other. They looked at Aspen.

"I just think you should sit out of one last mission", Steve said.

"You said that last time. And the time before that. And before that", Aspen said. "Steve, I think I'm ready".

"I think she's ready too", Tony said.

"Tony. It's a lot for her age", Steve said.

"I think she can handle it", Tony said.

Steve looked at Aspen. Then back at Tony. Then Aspen. "One more mission. I promise", He said. Aspen sighed.

"Alright", Aspen said. Steve walked out of the room. When Aspen looked at Tony, her eyes were light blue with a purple tint. "Did I do something wrong, Tony?"

"No, kid. Not at all. It's just Capsicle believing he's doing what's right", Tony said.

"I can't stay here for the rest of my life. I want people to see me for who I really am. Not as some...a monster",Aspen said. "But...I don't know who I am".

"Here's some advice, Aspen. If you want people to know who you, you should know who you are first", Tony said.

"I guess that makes sense. Thanks Tony", Aspen says. She walked out of the room.

--

Aspen sat on the couch with Loki, waiting for the Avengers to come back from their mission. Loki reads to Aspen.

"'How old are you?' '17', he answered promptly. 'And how long have you been 17?'" Loki reads.

"Aren't you 17? In human years?" Aspen asked.

"Why? Are you afraid I'm a vampire that will drink your blood?" Loki asked.

"I suspected it for a while because of your presumptuous attitude, but no. I know you're a god", Aspen said. "Do you know the Greeks?"

"No talks about the Greeks", Loki said.

"Okay well, can you change your size? Do you have a girlfriend? Is she a god too?"

"No more questions, Little One. Shall we get back to the story?" Loki asked. He and Aspen heard the Quinjet outside. "Or wait for the others to come inside".

The Avengers came into the room. Aspen walked towards Steve. "So do I get to come on the next mission?" She asked.

"Actually..." Steve started.

"You promised", Aspen said.

"I know, I know. I think you should hold off on your training for a while",Steve said.

"Why?" Aspen asked.

"There's something we need to tell you", Tony said.

--

Aspen, Tony, Steve, Natasha and Loki was in Tony and Bruce's lab. Aspen sat in a chair.

"Aspen, while we were on our mission, we raided a secret HYDRA base. They plan to use you as a weapon", Steve  says.

"I wouldn't help them", Aspen said.

"You won't have to. They just need to drain you of all your blood", Natasha said.

"Aspen's in danger?" Loki asked.

"There's more. We met a HYDRA agent. He knows Aspen's dad and he's alive", Tony said. Aspen looked at him in shock.

"My dad is with HYDRA?" Aspen asked. Tony nodded. Her eyes turned into a blue and white color. It looked like earth was inside her eye

"Please don't make me talk to him. I don't want to meet him! Not only did he abandon me, he's with HYDRA, the company who wants to kill me!" Aspen shouted.

"If you don't want to meet him, you don't have to", Tony said.

"They'll come for me, won't they?"Aspen asked.

"We'll protect you, Aspen", Steve said. Natasha looks at him. She knew how protective Steve was of Aspen. She wasn't sure Aspen knew that too.

"What's my dad's name. Do you know?"Aspen asked.

"No", Natasha says. "We don't. We could find out-"

"No", Aspen interrupted. "I don't want to know. I was just curious", she lied. Loki knew she was lying. He walks over to the computer.

"What are you doing?" Natasha asks him.

"Do you even know how to use a computer?" Tony asked.

Loki doesn't answer. Bruce walks toward him. "Your father's name is Gatlin Einhar and your mother's name is Rey Damaris", Loki says. "It says so on your certificate of birth".

"My birth certificate?" Aspen asked as she walked towards him and Bruce. She looked on the computer.

Tony, Steve and Natasha walked towards them. They looked at the computer. Aspen takes a step back as one hand was clasped over her mouth. Her eyes began to fill up with tears. Her eyes were the blue with purple tint color.

Natasha looks at her. "Are you okay?" She asks. Aspen nodded, but then she shook her head. She wasn't sure.

"I-I...", Aspen started. "Why does he want to kill me?" Natasha hugs Aspen.

"I'm sure he doesn't want to kill you. There are some people...who are forced to do things. Sometimes, it doesn't mean they want to do it", Nat says.

"But whether they do it is their choice", Aspen said.

"He doesn't want to kill you", Natasha reassured.

"Nat, we don't know if he-" Tony started until Natasha looks at him and says, "Don't". Tears stream down Aspen's cheeks.

"I-I need time. I need a uh...a moment.  I..." Aspen couldn't find what to say.

"You need to be alone. We understand", Loki said.

Aspen walked out of the room. Whatever they were about to talk about, she didn't want to hear it. She didn't want to be reminded that the ones she's been looking for, for as long as she can remember, want her dead.