"Mimi?" Milo questions softly as he walks into the room the lady had led him too. The hospital room was a medium size as the sound of machines beep and the heart monitor rang out their noises. The faint sound of breathing echoes through the room, as the bed sat directly in the middle of the room. Milo chokes on his breath, as he notices the pale figure in the bed, with all types of medical cords drawing in and out her body. Almost like a corpse, but breathing. "Mimi?" Milo croaks out as he whimpers walking towards the bedside, collapsing into the chair that sat beside her. Looking at her more closely Milo couldn't help but unravel as he touches her teach, they were so cold. Almost as if her blood had stop pumping her once peach skin was now a pale white. As if she was slowly decaying, her lips were tinted with a small amount of purple.

Instead of their natural red, and although she still resembled and held the beauty, this still was not the way he always know his grandmother to look. The boulder that he had been holding seem to crash through the floor as he traps her hand trying to hold on from falling into the darkness. "Mimi?" He calls out her name, but she seemed to be in a deep sleep. He kneels down giving her a soft kiss to her forehead, pulling out his phone he lets Alice know that she was sleep. He also told her to go home get some rest, and he also texted Trey private to let him know the situation. He sent a text back quickly, with 🙏🏻 hands telling Milo that he was sorry and to keep his head up.

"You have to make sure the boys milk is warm." Milo looks up hearing his grandmothers voice. She was still sleeping but Milo was sure he heard her say something. "Mio you don't cry I'm gonna make sure everything is fine. I can protect you." Milo eyes widen watching as she moves in her head to the side. "Mimi?" He calls out to her. "Hello." Milo removes the string of hair from his grandmothers lips. He looks up at the doorway, a African American woman stood there with a clipboard in her hands. She gives Milo a sadden smile, as she walks in and checks the Iv bag. "You must be Mio?" She asks changing the iv bag placing a new one where the old one resided. "Yeah," Milo says back. "Do you know what's wrong with her?"

He says looking directly at the woman who throws away the old Iv bag. "She had a stroke yesterday night at around 9:30pm. She was rushed in here and she went into a minor coma, but don't worry she's responsive. Although we have to keep her here until she regains consciousness, and we also have to run some more tests on her just to make sure it isn't nothing drastic. Hopefully it's just a minor stoke it doesn't seem like her left side of her brain is affected, but we have to monitor her brain levels." A stroke. Milo thinks, but he must've thought out loud because the nurse who focused on writing down notes look up from her tablet.

"Yes a stroke, poor thing must have stressed herself into one, luckily though it hasn't affected her mentally. When she awakes though she may be weak for a lil bit, but the doctors are likely to get her some therapy. Do you happen to know if she has any Medicare, Medicaid, or possibly Insurance?" She responds and Milo let's her know that his grandmother doesn't have none of those things.

The lady takes note of his response. "Are you sure she gonna be okay?" The woman tries to give the young man some more reassurance. Milo half listening nods his head lost in his own thoughts. He could only imagine the scene. Did she go through any pain, how long was it before anyone found her? But more importantly why did this have to happen to her? To me? To us? Questions only the higher power could answer. The only thing that Milo could do was pray that the gods would have Mercy.

Only question that remains, "What happens now?"

4 weeks later
..

"Leukemia?" Milo questions running his hand through his hair as the doctor explains this too him.  " I'm sorry young man, but I'm afraid there is a possibility that she could have this type of cancer."  Cancer? Milo could only think as he felt the oxygen slowly leave his body.  Alice rushes to his side grasping him in her arms as the tears crawls out both of their eyes, clutching onto each-other for dear life as the doctor continues, "We cannot be sure yet but with the recent test results, it's more likely that her cells are now attacking each-other, and her body is slowly deteriorating."  His voice shook with so much sadness watching the two teens rock back and forth. Milo couldn't hear any of what he was saying he could only pick out a few words, "Therapy, Medicine, The cost, the money, and does she have insurance?"